girlytattoo
    Participant
    @girlytattoo

I was once told that you shouldn’t get tattoos as you get older. Is this true?

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@girlytattoo 139973 wrote:

lol are you serious?

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@girlytattoo 139973 wrote:

What do you consider old?

I got my first tattoo three months after I turned 56 years old.

I will have to say FALSE!

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

Like Sam said, that will depend on your definition of old. I think that when you are very very old the skin gets very thin and that makes it harder to tattoo. But I have seen pics of some very elderly people, like in their late 80s or 90s, smiling as they get their first tattoo.

I’m actually kind of glad that I didn’t start until my 40s. By the time they start to spread and blur I expect to be able to blame it on my poor eyesight. Plus, itmeant that I could afford better work to start with.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Yes once you hit anything past 115 that would be to old because of complications.

I got my first when I was 40.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Unlike these oldies I got my first when I was 15, almost 9 years ago. I’ll stop getting tattooed at a certain age for one reason; I won’t have any room left.

But no. There is no upper age limit. People who tell you things like that are stupid and ignorant and best to ignore.

katec
    Participant
    @katec

I agree with everyone else – you can get tattoos at any age (over 18) so long as you want them.

girlytattoo
    Participant
    @girlytattoo

Personally I don’t think you’re ever too old for a tattoo. I was just interested in other peoples opinions because of what I was told.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

People of all ages get tattoos. My landlord’s girlfriend is 70 and just scheduled getting her first tattoo.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.