Pixel1
    Participant
    @pixel1

As an Artist a lot of the ideas I have for possible future tattoos are based on actual works I Art, so therefore differ from what you (I guess me) would expect to see as a tattoo. I was wondering if anyone here has any tattoos that are based on works of Art… whether they be street art or old masters. Any images or thoughts would be great.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

The guy who does my tattoos is also a painter.

Also, tattoos are “actual art.” ๐Ÿ˜‰

Pixel1
    Participant
    @pixel1

I know tattoos are Art, it wasn’t meant to be derogatory… I was just meaning a ‘work of Art’ that was intended for a gallery or wall.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Lots of people get tattoos like this.

Carlos Torres sprang to mind for some reason for this piece he is working on ๐Ÿ™‚

335doxz.jpg

Greyhound
    Participant
    @greyhound

Traditional Japanese tattoos are interpretations of Ukiyo-e woodblock prints, some of which are hundreds of years old.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum!

My tattoos were designed to suit my body. I guess since my body it’s self is a work of art all mine qualify.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

I have one based on a photo taken by an British photographer (Kimberly Joanne Sinclair) who takes just amazing self portraits. She does stunning work. (I got her permission to use the image for the tattoo.) I also have a hummingbird with some hibiscus that was inspired by a Lina Liu porcelain plate.

One artist I have gotten work from takes beatiful pictures of statues, often in old graveyards, during his travels around the world so he can use them as reference when a client wants something like that. He even did a reference book of some of them.

If you look, many people people have tattoos based on a work by painter who’s art they love. There are tons of Dali and Escher tattoos out there, as well as less well known artists.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

I have a Sylvia ji tattoo ๐Ÿ™‚ And I’m planning a Picasso one.. I’ve seen quite a lot of tattoos based on classical art, paintings etc, some chose to just do small pieces or elements from a painting, others want the entire thing. I saw a Mona Lisa one once! Haha, pretty cool.

Pixel1
    Participant
    @pixel1

@poxphobia 137780 wrote:

I have a Sylvia ji tattoo ๐Ÿ™‚ And I’m planning a Picasso one.. I’ve seen quite a lot of tattoos based on classical art, paintings etc, some chose to just do small pieces or elements from a painting, others want the entire thing. I saw a Mona Lisa one once! Haha, pretty cool.

Funny enough Sylvia Ji was on my list ๐Ÿ™‚ I found some great b&g examples of her work. Il post some images of the kind of thing I’m looking to get.

Pixel1
    Participant
    @pixel1

I ended up makings booking or a half sleeve with a guy called Paul Davies at Loki ink in Devon. He mainly does dotwork/sacred geometry and I’m getting something along the lines of that. My appointment is tomorow, so il report back with an image once it’s done.

angelina22
    Participant
    @angelina22

You could try up some temporary henna that would be very cool looking as it is an very good famous Indian culture and way of tattooing.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.