Thaela
    Participant
    @thaela

Long time no see 🙂 Hope you guys are doing well! My son is 7 months now and I will be BFing for a year and beyond, but want my next tattoo!

All the credible resources are saying that it’s safe to be tattoo’d if you are breastfeeding because the ink molecules do not pass into milk. Though the risk of secondary infection during healing makes some people recommend against it. I’ve read some say that there are artists who refuse to tattoo pregnant or BFing women for that reason.. I would think as long as you don’t go to some scratcher hack shop and you’re at a reputable clean shop, it shouldn’t be a problem.

Thoughts?

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Well, no professional is ever going to tattoo a pregnant woman.
    Breastfeeding… Depends. All tattoos, professional or not, do have a risk of infection. And a tattoo is a strain on your body, as well is breastfeeding I imagine(never done that 😛 ), so it might be hard on your body. Depends on the size of the tattoo too, of course.
    Honestly I probably wouldn’t risk it myself, but if you feel safe doing it, I’m sure you’ll be fine 🙂

Thaela
    Participant
    @thaela

I’m planning on a small one on my wrist, so not like a huge piece or anything.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

1934184-This%20thread%20is%20worthless%20without%20pics.jpg

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

You could always pump and freeze ahead of time to be prepared in case of a problem.

I probably wouldn’t recommend breastfeeding DURING the appointment. 😉

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Call_me_Lola 137514 wrote:

I recommend breastfeeding DURING the appointment. 😉

Artist included?

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

First off I’d like to say congrats on the little one. I also believe that breastfeeding is very important so props to you for that also.
    I don’t think it would be a problem if it heals smoothly.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Oh, well if it’s that small it shouldn’t be a problem at all! 🙂 I was thinking more along the lines that if you had long sessions and a huge piece, you might end up feeling pretty bad and exhausted after, which seems to be a bad combo with a baby ;p

But yeah, I think you’ll be totally fine 🙂

Thaela
    Participant
    @thaela

Thanks all 🙂 I’ve also emailed my artist to see what he thinks, but I wanted to ask here as well 🙂

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

The chance of a properly done tattoo getting a secondary infection that gets into your bloodstream is very, very minute. Should be okay. 🙂

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

@Sam-I-Am 137515 wrote:

Artist included?

Well … for the right discount ….

Amok
    Participant
    @amok

Take your baby in with you and get matching tattoos!

Thaela
    Participant
    @thaela

Lol that would go over well 😛

anonymous
    Participant
    @anonymous

Small piece at a reputable shop … I wouldn’t give it a second thought. Go for it.

Thaela
    Participant
    @thaela

Thanks!

I want to get my belly button repierced too… I wonder if they’ll do it at the same time and save me a trip lol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.