Zukei
    Participant
    @zukei

Went to the Australian Tattoo & Body Art Expo in Melbourne on the weekend and found some great talent which surprised me HEAPS. My artist was setup there and told me to have a look around for some diamonds in the rough and I was definitely pleased with what I found! Some of the artists I took a liking to were Beny Pearce, Ben Thomas, Dylan Weber & Ben Laukis.

Definitely want to go to Ben Laukis for my next tattoo as he is currently working out of Pure Vision Tattoos which is about 40-45min away. The guy is an absolute beast at portraits as were the other artists that I liked on the day. I didn’t find many other artists that I liked that sported other styles of tattoos (oriental, traditional, machinery, etc) and outside of portraits from these guys, most of the colour work wasn’t great.

Here are their instagrams:

/benjaminlaukis
    /tat2beny
    /dylanwebertattoos
    /benthomasart

I want to get some movie characters done for my next tattoo if I can get in with Laukis. Some ideas I’ve had so far:

robert de niro – taxi driver
    marlon brando – godfather
    al pacino – scarface
    christian bale – american psycho
    samuel l jackson – pulp fiction
    brad pitt – fight club/snatch
    jack nicholson – the shining

The majority are fairly cliche but an artist of this calibre is an opportunity I can’t miss and I love film. Joe Pesci from Goodfellas would be awesome too but I think Laukis has already tattooed it before.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@Zukei 136190 wrote:

My artist

You own a artist? That is pretty cool

Zukei
    Participant
    @zukei

Lol. The artist who is currently working on my sleeve.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Do you have any links to the artists that you mentioned above?

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Oh, Laukis is AMAZING! I would love to get work done by him! And it looks like he works ridiculously fast!!! I saw him post a few pics of a backpiece on Instagram that it seems just took him two session to finish?! If it’s true it’s unbelievable :p
    He’s one of the reasons I wanna go to Australia next summer. Hope to see pics if you end up with him!

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@buttwheat 136197 wrote:

You own a artist? That is pretty cool

I think my situation is more of a lease.

Zukei
    Participant
    @zukei

Sorry bout the links in the original post, just add Instagram before them.

@Pox I know right! It’s insane, can’t wait to ask some questions and discuss ideas.

Amok
    Participant
    @amok

Yes Mr Laukis really is amazing, he’s on my wish list for a b and g piece.

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

laukis is one of my fav artists out of AUS. def on my list if he ever comes to the states.

EDIT: AUS is killing it right now with all the talent coming out of there.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.