TiiffyRai94
Participant
@tiiffyrai94

Josh Dollahite | Modified-Design | Tattoos & Body Piercing

I want to get a cover up of my Koi and someone suggested him.

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

There is absolutely nothing in that portfolio that makes me think ‘wow’. In my opinion if you are giving your hard earned money to an artist, you should get ‘wow’. By the way, it took me until my third tattoo to find my first ‘WOW’ artist. If I am looking at a portfolio and I actually make a noise, then I want work from that artist. Like today when I saw Jerry’s skull. Nashville is a little too far away for me, but I have added John Barrett to my “if I ever get a chance” list. You only get one skin, you should strive for excellence. Doesn’t have to be a big well-known name, just has to be a great artist.

Also, you said you want another Koi, but it looks like he is more into traditional style tattoos.

I’d keep looking.

TiiffyRai94
Participant
@tiiffyrai94

I might wait till i go to California next year to get it covered… Its hard to find one where i live. 🙁

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

Cute stuff, but nothing special. Don’t make the mistake I’ve made in settling and finding out about the finer art of the tattoo world too late.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

It’s not bad it is nice and clean work but as Lola and gcl said nothing to special

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

You can find better for sure.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

I really like he’s work, but then again it depends what you want to get done on you. I’m a huge fan of Old school / American traditional work with the nice thick lines and whip shading. I would not hesitate to get work done there just make sure you are 100% before you make the choice.

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

@Call_me_Lola 132218 wrote:

There is absolutely nothing in that portfolio that makes me think ‘wow’. In my opinion if you are giving your hard earned money to an artist, you should get ‘wow’. By the way, it took me until my third tattoo to find my first ‘WOW’ artist. If I am looking at a portfolio and I actually make a noise, then I want work from that artist. Like today when I saw Jerry’s skull. Nashville is a little too far away for me, but I have added John Barrett to my “if I ever get a chance” list. You only get one skin, you should strive for excellence. Doesn’t have to be a big well-known name, just has to be a great artist.

Also, you said you want another Koi, but it looks like he is more into traditional style tattoos.

I’d keep looking.

Quoted for truth. 😉

TiiffyRai94
Participant
@tiiffyrai94

I like him and Waylon but I agree I should keep looking for someone who does awesome Japanese style tattooing.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.