mrchen
    Participant
    @mrchen

You know you get some brutal honesty when asking for an opinion around here, as you would on all of the tattoo forums most of us travel. People will tell you like it is.
    I think that’s ok, we tend to have some real feelings about the work we get and people’s feelings can get hurt. But in the overall picture I think it is good to get real opinions about your tattoo work.
    Unfortunately with the art form now making tv shows and having a huge surge in popularity there are many people coming into the art form to make money. They are not very good. Out of 300 atlanta tattoo shops with many artists each I would let about 4-5 people tattoo me……………sounds rough you say, no my skin is that fucking important to me, is yours important to you?
    Why just let anyone tattoo you. Why not get some information and check out some artists on your own based on that info and choose a great artist. If you see someone in the magazine call that dude or dudesss and book them!
    Now sure the top dogs like nikko or Jeff gogue might be hard to get but there are several hundred great top dogs out there.
    So, while you might get your ass reamed around here, it is with love, love of this unique art form, trying to keep it looking good and your skin looking good too!
    Don’t get a tattoo……..fuck that…..get a GREAT tattoo

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Every once in awhile someone will listen and take the criticism and then make sure their next one is great.

should wrote:
    UPDATE: Third Session with Dan — Dan is just killing this. Next session in august! Crappy pic, i know. When the sleeve is done i’ll be sure to get some good ones. Cheers!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200638073687413&set=a.1743918990927.2089933.1027311440&type=1&theater

UPDATE: Second Session with Dan —

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151574271396411&set=a.10150326791916411.396602.733141410&type=1&theater

first post. i wont post up any pics of my tats. buttwheat trashed me once already on another forum (already contacted tim pangburn for some coverup work). but i guess i should thank him anyway for leading me to deep six tattoo in philly for an appointment with Dan Henk (http://danhenk.com/tattoos) for the start of my full sleeve on Jan 19. im pretty excited about it. space and time theme. i’ve been lurking for quite a while and figured i’d make an account. cheers all, and thanks for all the great info.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@buttwheat 129395 wrote:

Every once in awhile someone will listen and take the criticism and then make sure their next one is great.

butt, and others here, straightened me out.

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

when i first joined this forum, it was a lot different. things were way more sugar coated. people like butt helped open the eyes of many on this forum.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

I hate to admit it but I think I might be done with my current guy.
    Looking forward to my appointment next month with a forum approved artist. 🙂

mrchen
    Participant
    @mrchen

I feel better about this forum because I think a few people did figure this out,
    Hell I didn’t know who to go to for my first, I chose I young kid people in town said was alright, but I got some just ok flash prices, my first tattoo being a Paul Jeffries flash dragon on my left bicep, but right away I wanted more and sought information, there’s a lot of magazines and talk forums and stuff around and I found tons of shit hot artists close to home,
    I’m a sucker I guess, I still want to see unicorns pissing rainbows and everybody getting ass kicking ink that will just blow all our minds………in the meantime I will just hang out with you guys and try and spread the word

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@mrchen 129431 wrote:

I’m a sucker I guess, I still want to see unicorns getting ass. I will just hang out with you guys and try and spread the word

Awesome i nk collection you have. Glad you’ll be sticking around.

newdragon
    Participant
    @newdragon

I don’t want more tattoos. I want more works of art like my last piece. If it means I must save a bit longer to afford the best well I can wait.

mrchen
    Participant
    @mrchen

Sweet words to my ears, I don’t want tattoos, I want to wear more skin art, hell yeah

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

My first tattoo was done by a old man who was like 90% covered in a garage whilst smoking and not wearing any gloves. It’s terrible but i love it at the same time.

Tecratt
    Participant
    @tecratt

Honesty is important to me.

Although, really I tend to be my own worst critic. I like all of my tattoos, but I know all of their flaws. Finding a great artist is sooooo important.

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

@Wardy 129572 wrote:

My first tattoo was done by a old man who was like 90% covered in a garage whilst smoking and not wearing any gloves. It’s terrible but i love it at the same time.

I love that story.

mrchen
    Participant
    @mrchen

Whatever you have chosen I hope you still love that choice, unless you are wearing that 20$ sleev for the trailer park kitchen tattoo party, I think you should keep those first pieces, even if the tattoo is street shop flash trash it still marks a time and place in our life, you got it for a reason, even if it seemed at the time you didn’t, they are all good……….even if they don’t win awards on this forum, you should love your ink

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.