campbellblade
    Participant
    @campbellblade

Hi, for a while now ive been trying to think of an original tattoo to have for my team (Sheffield United).

anyway im a skinny guy, this would be my first tattoo and was wondering if anyone thought that this could work…

“Sheffield United Football Club” written so that it forms the infinity symbol with the clubs crest (crossed swords) in the circles created by the infinity symbol (maybe one outline and one shaded?).

i was thinking of having it on the side of my lower back.

thoughts? Any input is really appreciated!!

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

If you are going to get a football tattoo get this one:

121120-tattoos-600.jpg

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Sounds like a horrible idea.

Amok
    Participant
    @amok

I’ve never seen a football, flag or company logo tattoo that looked good. Just my opinion, but I think it’s a silly thing to tattoo on yourself. Get a poster or shirt instead.

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

It’s personal preferance go for it mate, most of these guys are american so your asking the wrong people, I have a Liverbird with a scroll going through it with my dad’s name as a family piece and i love mine.

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

@Wardy 128434 wrote:

It’s personal preferance go for it mate, most of these guys are american so your asking the wrong people

So people outside of England don’t have opinions on sports-related tattoos?

Sorry campbell, but that sounds incredibly boring, but any team logo/slogan tattoo will always be boring anyway so that’s nothing new.

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

@ArniVidar 128435 wrote:

So people outside of England don’t have opinions on sports-related tattoos?

Sorry campbell, but that sounds incredibly boring, but any team logo/slogan tattoo will always be boring anyway so that’s nothing new.

No it’s just Football in Europe and football in usa is a totally diferent sport mate, over there it’s called soccer and Football is a bit like rugby over there 🙂 never meant it in a funny way or anything.

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

@Wardy 128437 wrote:

No it’s just Football in Europe and football in usa is a totally diferent sport mate

And what’s that got to do with anything regarding this tattoo?

argedion
    Participant
    @argedion

If your going to spend your hard earned money on a tattoo then make sure it is done by someone who is good and not some one mediocre. If you’re set on something football related that is your personal preference then go for it.

As far as brutal honesty goes you will get that here regardless if you want it or not. 🙂

argedion
    Participant
    @argedion

If your going to spend your hard earned money on a tattoo then make sure it is done by someone who is good and not some one mediocre. If you’re set on something football related that is your personal preference then go for it.

As far as brutal honesty goes you will get that here regardless if you want it or not. 🙂

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Am I the only person who thinks anything is interesting if you think about it abstractly enough? Give a good artist enough freedom and you can get a good tattoo based off any idea.

Dipland
    Participant
    @dipland

It’s not about football (American or English). It’s more about any logo. Baseball, basketball, etc. They are almost always boring because they are a replica of the team logo. I agree with GrayCatLove, but most people that want sports team ink, do not want them to be abstract.

Be creative.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Dipland 128517 wrote:

It’s not about football (American or English). It’s more about any logo. Baseball, basketball, etc. They are almost always boring because they are a replica of the team logo. I agree with GrayCatLove, but most people that want sports team ink, do not want them to be abstract. Be creative.

Exactly!
    Also, logos and team names and locations change. Tattoos are yours for a lifetime. I wonder if anybody still alive has a “Brooklyn Dodgers” tattoo.
    The “Oakland A’s” would have been a nice tattoo possibility when they were the “Oakland Athletics”. I can see a tattoo of a jock strap on an “Oakland Athletic Supporter”.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@Sam-I-Am 128518 wrote:

Exactly!
    Also, logos and team names and locations change. Tattoos are yours for a lifetime. I wonder if anybody still alive has a “Brooklyn Dodgers” tattoo.
    The “Oakland A’s” would have been a nice tattoo possibility when they were the “Oakland Athletics”. I can see a tattoo of a jock strap on an “Oakland Athletic Supporter”.

You know some old guy in the Castro district has one.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

I agree with Cat, I would make it not so in your face this is a badge and maybe use the colours of the team and the basics of what make up the logo and make an original take on it 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.