Swansoda
    Participant
    @swansoda

I didn’t think to ask when I was in getting mine and I haven’t gotten around to calling in…..but since I’m thinking about it at the moment….how long before I can shave over my tattoo?

msmercury
    Participant
    @msmercury

I would say, going back in my memory banks to when I got mine, that you wait until it is absolutely completely healed. No bumps, scabs, raised areas etc. Maybe start off with an electric razor if you can. I was very conservative and worried about mine, so I waited months before I shaved my leg over the tattoo. I don’t have hair growing from my tattoo any longer. I think hair only grew a little shortly after I got the tattoo and then I shaved months later and hair has never come back. I am very protective of my leg tattoo. I even went so far as to make a contraption of sorts, to go around my tattoo when I’m cutting grass or walking through bushy, thorny, woodsy areas. I’m sure others will weigh in, but I say wait until absolutely completely healed and you skin is smooth again. 🙂

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

@msmercury 126676 wrote:

wait until it is absolutely completely healed. No bumps, scabs, raised areas etc.

As long as you wait until it has completely peeled and the skin looks healed, you should be ok. (Peeling gone, swelling gone, no bumps.)

I have tattoos on the outside of both thighs (quite extensive on one side, took three sittings) and had no problems, I just waited until the skin had gotten past that shiny stage and looked “normal” again. I used a fresh razor and was real gentle about it – didn’t want a nick. And really didn’t want to risk a nick with a used razor.

Thaela
    Participant
    @thaela

I waited until after it was completely healed – no scabs or anything left. Took probably a couple weeks, I don’t remember exactly. But wait til it’s completely smooth and healed first.

Swansoda
    Participant
    @swansoda

Ok thanks. It’s been 5 weeks since I got mine done and all scabbing, peeling and shiny looks to be gone. Has that normal almost matte like I guess look to it now. I’m feeling like msmercury though and don’t want to go over it yet. But I have one of those small electric razors, like that are intended for bikini shaving or top of the toes or something that I’ve gone around the outside of it.

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

Wait atleast 3weeks.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Well, everyone told you the answer, so I’ll just nod my head… Shave when it’s healed, and/or roughly three weeks.

Ms. Mercury mentioned this, but I’ve noticed my tattoos no longer sprout hair/fuzz. Anyone else get that from trauma to the area, or just us freaks>

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Well, everyone told you the answer, so I’ll just nod my head… Shave when it’s healed, and/or roughly three weeks.

Ms. Mercury mentioned this, but I’ve noticed my tattoos no longer sprout hair/fuzz. Anyone else get that from trauma to the area, or just us freaks?

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Well fuck this thread is way different then I was thinking before clicking on it. Huge disappointment!

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@buttwheat 126689 wrote:

Well fuck this thread is way different then I was thinking before clicking on it. Huge disappointment!

Let’s not start the “male shaving arm pit” conversation again.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

My peacock’s tail still grows hair just fine. And the tattoo on the other thigh, too. Dammit.

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

@Sam-I-Am 126690 wrote:

Let’s not start the “male shaving arm pit” conversation again.

On a serious note though, do you trim your arm pits?

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Wardy 126696 wrote:

On a serious note though, do you trim your arm pits?

No, never did.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.