scooterman
    Participant
    @scooterman

Wow I’m excited. Excited because I love my sketch my artist has drawn for me. But nervous for a few reasons.

I was diagnosed type 2 diabetic three years ago.. My doc says ok and my blood sugar has been under control for over a year now. Also I’m 40 yrs old so I don’t heal like I used to. I eat right and am disciplined so my aftercare will be meticulous. I guess I’m a little worried due to my age and condition.

Also my wife is against it. We both wanted tattoos in college but never decided what to get and do it. As I said I’m 40 and don’t want to create drama with the family but I’m simply ready to do what I’ve wanted for 20 years.

A little encouragement at this point would go a long way. My appt is this Fri 4/26.

Thanks a lot for the input!

argedion
    Participant
    @argedion

You have one life to live I say live it.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@argedion 126488 wrote:

Exactly, you never know what’s round the corner. Live for today and what will be will be!

Obviously don’t do something that will 100% endanger you but if you worried about everything you would never do anything as nearly everything has a risk 🙂

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Pay close attention to aftercare treatment. Keep it clean, and keep us posted.

Dipland
    Participant
    @dipland

I will only say this –

If your wife is against it, you are clearly creating drama…good luck with that.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

@argedion 126488 wrote:

Doc says it’s OK, and your wife is gonna be all over you about proper aftercare, so I think you’re good to go!

I’m sure the doc and artist both told you already but you’re going to want to eat a good meal before you head to the shop, and bring a little something with you in case your blood sugar drops. (It is not a problem at all to ask for a little break to eat something.)

Enjoy the whole experience!! Your adrenaline is going to be pumping – especially for your first one.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

For your first and being a diabetic I would get it on your upper body and avoid the legs. You will be just fine you just may heal a bit slower. I also got my first at 40 now I can’t stop.

scooterman
    Participant
    @scooterman

Thanks everyone for the replies! Ill post pics and let you know how it goes. Friday at noon- sounds like the perfect appointment time!

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Bring your glucometer to the tattooist’s as well as a simple carb and a protein. EDUCATE your tattooist how to use it so he can test you and give you half a cup or so of juice or regular soda if you have a hypoglycemic crisis.

And listen to what everyone else said.

msmercury
    Participant
    @msmercury

I’m sure you will do just fine! You sound like you are prepared and you know all the risks & how to minimize them. Best of luck to you and I am looking forward to seeing some pics!! 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.