neddy
Participant
@neddy

Hey guys

So I got a new tattoo on friday on my ribs a bit bigger than my fist.
My artist told me originally that it would take about 1.5 hours but in the end it took 2.5 hours as my skin didnt take the tattoo well and he had to keep going over the same area again and again. He said had experienced this about 10 times in last 4 years.:(

I thought about this after and I’m on acne medication minocyline for my skin. Does anyone know if this would be the reason for my skin not taking the tattoo well?? He said it shouldn’t effect the outcome but I’m wondering if I should keep off the medication for next few weeks just in case.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Fuck I hope you tipped him well.

neddy
Participant
@neddy

40bucks?? I don’t know whats customary cause was on vacation when got it done. And I know the poor fella was in bits sweating like a divil. So any idea if this medication should affect the outcome??

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I have no clue on the medication. Post a picture of the tattoo.

neddy
Participant
@neddy

Needless to say am just after joining this forum so don’t know how it works. I uploaded a photo there so hoping this is right link. If not its on my profile thou!!!

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

No, taking an oral antibiotic will have absolutely no effect on the tattoo.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Wow that is 10 times better then I thought it was going to be. Congrats.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Nice piece, like it.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
buttwheat;118149 wrote:

Wow that is 10 times better then I thought it was going to be. Congrats.

Yep me too, I really like it!

istunn
Participant
@istunn
neddy;118121 wrote:
Hey guys

So I got a new tattoo on friday on my ribs a bit bigger than my fist.
My artist told me originally that it would take about 1.5 hours but in the end it took 2.5 hours as my skin didnt take the tattoo well and he had to keep going over the same area again and again. He said had experienced this about 10 times in last 4 years.:(

I thought about this after and I’m on acne medication minocyline for my skin. Does anyone know if this would be the reason for my skin not taking the tattoo well?? He said it shouldn’t effect the outcome but I’m wondering if I should keep off the medication for next few weeks just in case.

Good looking tat so congrats! I am a pharmacist and I have not heard or read any literature on minocycline to affect the ink from sticking on your flesh and/or slowing the healing process. You should be good!

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

Hello,
I think it looks pretty damn good.
What parts required going over? I’ve been told that I take red ink very well. Apparently on others red ink is a problem.

Whats the story?

Sam

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.