Bope
Participant
@bope

My father just pasted away the 7th he was a proud 82 nd airborne man, my idea of a memorial tat was to get the jumpmaster wings and” in loving memory of dad”.. My problem is my oldest brother threw a fricking fit..Said I wasnt in the airborne and would be a lowlife poser. ( this took place in the funeral home while picking out his casket) so I let it slide.. Later I tried to talk about it with him about my idea and he got even more pissed. I dont see how anyone who served in the airborne would take it wrong when its going to say in memory of..( I asked my uncle, another old school 82nd man and he said GO for it)

What do you think? would I be seen as a want to be ?

bluey
Participant
@bluey

I have a dragon on my back and I’m pretty certain I have never been a dragon nor ever will be! I think it’s pretty obvious by the text you are NOT in the 82nd. A very personal choice. Is it your brother doesn’t like tattoos in general, annoyed he didn’t think of it first. No one here can advise you to your family relationships, but I’m certain many will gladly point holes in your brothers logic, well lack there of.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Sorry for your loss.

How about finding you and your dad like to do together and get a tattoo of that? My dad and I enjoyed fishing together and after he died I got a fish tattoo for him. No words it doesn’t need them I know who and what it is for.

ezrider
Participant
@ezrider

Some military folks frown upon people getting military insignias tattooed when they were never actually in the military.

I think buttwheats idea to get something you enjoyed doing together is a pretty good idea for a memorial.

Bope
Participant
@bope

thanks guys for the imput, I have thought about all the stuff we did together, I have a full sleeve of animal tracks we hunted and leaves ( my son was the last of the grandsons to get his deer while hunting with Grampa) So I have that side already covered….and we did go trolling alot, even the week before he went into the hospital, up at 2 am and I had to have him back home before it reached 80 deg (due to the meds they had him on) but I dont think a rainbow or brown trout will fit in with all my other tats of zombies, brass knucks, hand grenades and off the wall stuff I’m already covered with..lol

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Fuck the haters. Get the tattoo that you want for your dad. It’s a memorial tattoo, and as personal a choice as is possible. NOBODY should dictate what you choose in this.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

I think you should walk up to you’re brother and jaw him.

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy
Wardy;115857 wrote:
I think you should walk up to you’re brother and jaw him.

+1 how low down is it to cause a scene while making funeral prep. Maybe he just doesn’t know how to cope with his emotions and is taking it out on you. I say get what You want. Case closed.

Bope
Participant
@bope

thanks everyone… I’m getting the jumpwings this Saterday The artist is working on it for me/dad.. After thinking about it a while, I got what I wanted thus far No reason to steer away from my own ideas, after all its for me…Fuck the rest, if they dont like it…dont look…lol

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Bope;115880 wrote:
Fuck the rest, if they dont like it…dont look…lol

Quoted for absolute truth. Amen!

Bope
Participant
@bope

its a done deal…

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Good for you. Wear it proud.

Bope
Participant
@bope

thanks.. I sure will, My nephew designed it and laid the ink to me…so its truly my favorite Tat..

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Really looks good I’m sure your Dad would have been proud for you to have it…

Bope;115843 wrote:
but I dont think a rainbow or brown trout will fit in with all my other tats of zombies, brass knucks, hand grenades and off the wall stuff I’m already covered with..lol

The fish would of worked that tattoo looks like it is pretty alone there.

Bope
Participant
@bope
buttwheat;115990 wrote:
The fish would of worked that tattoo looks like it is pretty alone there.

LOL on the inside of my forearm is my zombie duck foot… yeah I have ALOT more planned, just need to get the money around… I’m kinda one sided, we started on the left side..and kinda let the right side go..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.