newdragon
Participant
@newdragon

One of the things I like about this forum is that every one has a different view or opinion. I think that is also reflected in the art we see. Some get a tattoo as it has meaning to them others get one because they like it.
Often I look at a tattoo and think not my style, I wouldn’t get it but wow that is fantastic and looks great.

My question is do you like some tattoos without liking them for your self?
I say absolutely yes!

Sorry about the typo in the title

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Of course i don’t like biomechanic and would certainly not get any on myself but if i said it wasn’t a brilliant piece of art i would be lieing.

clay1680
@

yes…i dont think anybody who can appreciate good art would say otherwise. i myself am only getting b&g but some color pieces have almost changed my mind because of how well they were done.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Of course. I’m not a fan of traditional work (but I do like neo-traditional), but I still look at Russ Abbot’s work and think “wow, that’s great.” Same goes for dot work or the paint splatter stuff. It’s not my thing, but if it’s done well, I can certainly appreciate the quality of the work.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Yep, definitely!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Definitely There are types of tattoos that I don’t like but I see the art and the quality in them.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

I have seen hundreds of skulls, spiders, severed head tattoos etc none of which I would ever like for myself.

That said some of these styles have been mind blowing in their execution and detail.

I have a number of boundaries;

Some art I do not like and would not want (even if it was free). Admittedly quite rare but an example was my local art gallery that had a plank of wood just painted red and mounted on the wall as a ‘statement’.

Some I could admire on a person or wall and walk away.

Some I would just want to hang on my wall.

Some I want to get my entire body done with.

Take care
Matthew

Cardinal
Participant
@cardinal

I probably like more tattoos as art than as tattoos I would consider on my own body. There are some truely amazing artists who’s work I very much admire, but it just isn’t something I would want on me.

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

I was looking at Kelly doty’s work the other day saying to myself “this stuff looks amazing” but I wouldn’t have it tattooed on me. I’m definitely a black and grey kinda guy but I think some of this new stuff is jaw dropping.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.