Cashew
Participant
@cashew

I am a collector-in-training thinking of getting much more substantial work done on my arms, torso and back. I was wondering if anyone with serious work done would like to share any stories about any backlash they have received– particularly when it comes to attracting the opposite sex.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Ive had nothing but compliments.

I wouldn’t care if the opposite sex liked or disliked it.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

i live in a very liberal area so i havent gotten any backlash.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

You want to be speaking to mrchen or buttwheat on here, both have some amazing ink mrchen has more coverage but they are both amazing.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Neither my wife or I has substantial work, but she has caught some flack at work for being tattooed. Several guys at work stopped her and gave her a speech about going against god’s will and going to hell. She replied: “It’s a good thing I’m an atheist then.” 🙂 No one has given me any flack but that might be because I “look scary” as my friends tell me. 🙁

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

I live in a conservative area and work in a conservative field. I’m also a polyamorist who has tattoos. Because of where I live and work, I’m quiet about those those last two things.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Wardy;114911 wrote:
You want to be speaking to mrchen or buttwheat on here, both have some amazing ink mrchen has more coverage but they are both amazing.

yodaddynukka collection is far superior to mine and is almost out of skin.

As for any backlash I did have one of my customers say that she hated tattoos but she still likes me.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
GrayCatLove;114928 wrote:
I live in a conservative area and work in a conservative field. I’m also a polyamorist who has tattoos. Because of where I live and work, I’m quiet about those those last two things.

The polyamory thing is a much bigger issue than the tattoos. I can count my conservative friends on one hand and yet virtually none of them are accepting of polyamory. As long as one is honest with their partners about their intentions, I don’t see the problem. :shrugs:

htx
Participant
@htx
yodaddynukka;114908 wrote:
i live in a very liberal area

G what a suprise :rolleyes:

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove
D3FiANC3;114936 wrote:
The polyamory thing is a much bigger issue than the tattoos. I can count my conservative friends on one hand and yet virtually none of them are accepting of polyamory. As long as one is honest with their partners about their intentions, I don’t see the problem. :shrugs:

Most people confuse polyamory with swinging, and people tend to have “that idea” of polyamory. “As long as you’re honest” sort of lies at the heart of polyamory; otherwise, it’s a whole different beast.

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

Havent had much backlash, with one exception being when my grandmother died, my sconservative aunt immediately made it clear she didnt want my tattoos showing during the funeral. At the time i was able to hide it all, but i now have extensive work on my hands, so im expecting some trouble from her when my grandfather passes.

Obviously, extensive tattoo work can limit job opportunities, and theres always the potential for people expressing disapproval. Tattoos may have entered mainstream media, but its public approval isnt absolute yet. just be ready with some whitty comebacks 😀

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
GrayCatLove;114968 wrote:
Most people confuse polyamory with swinging, and people tend to have “that idea” of polyamory. “As long as you’re honest” sort of lies at the heart of polyamory; otherwise, it’s a whole different beast.

Well a former friend of mine is a polyamorist and while she was honest with her SO and the individuals involved in that polyamorous relationship, she was not honest with the partners outside of that relationship. In other words, her steady boyfriend and their “friends” as she called them were aware of everything. However, the people each of them saw outside of the group were not told of the polyamorous relationship. More than once some poor woman was crushed to find out about it and my former friend would essentially try to recruit them into the polyamorous fold. It was fucked up. Anyway, I don’t blame that on the polyamorous lifestyle but rather on the poor character of a few fucked up individuals.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.