BrightLights
Participant
@brightlights

I have a question first, does having boobs make it harder to tattoo a woman’s chest? (mine kinda come up my chest when I lay down on my back)

And what I’m thinking for my chest peice is two Phoenix’ facing inwards on opposite sides of my chest with something in the middle. I want it to be a big peice, so I don’t know how I’d tie it in together. I was thinking something in black and grey in the middle. So that the Phoenix’ stand out more. Would the Phoenix’ work in this spot? I kinda want them to form a v? Would this even look good? What should I even put in the middle? Maybe it would fill in the spot between the Phoenix’, but I don’t think I’d want fire because the colors of a phoenix and fire are too similar. This is obviously a work in progress lol. Any opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

What styles are you into? I’m assuming this won’t be your first piece. Are you into cupcakes or zombies?

BrightLights
Participant
@brightlights
jerryatrophy;114764 wrote:
What styles are you into? I’m assuming this won’t be your first piece. Are you into cupcakes or zombies?

A mixture of both haha, but for this peice I’d probably want it to be more harsh & demanding if you get where I’m coming from. Definitely not something that someone would call pretty.

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

In the classic myths of the phenix especially Arabian lore there is only one phenix. Having two in a tattoo would contradict that. But who else knows the mythology behind something like that. They are classically associated with willow trees fiery nests made of twigs. Dawn. Often depicted grasping a snake in its talons.

BrightLights
Participant
@brightlights
jerryatrophy;114767 wrote:
In the classic myths of the phenix especially Arabian lore there is only one phenix. Having two in a tattoo would contradict that. But who else knows the mythology behind something like that. They are classically associated with willow trees fiery nests made of twigs. Dawn. Often depicted grasping a snake in its talons.

Point well made. Thanks for pointing this out to me. So do you think that one Phoenix in the middle, wings spread would fit there and allow enough detail? Dawn is a great idea for the background. I just don’t know what I’d put below the wings now lol. And im not sure how a Phoenix would look straight on.

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

Picture it at a 3/4 view as though it were climbing and about to swoop. More wing would be visible head would be at the top. Tail feathers would be completely visible.

BrightLights
Participant
@brightlights
jerryatrophy;114771 wrote:
Picture it at a 3/4 view as though it were climbing and about to swoop. More wing would be visible head would be at the top. Tail feathers would be completely visible.

Sounds cool actually, thanks for the advice ๐Ÿ™‚

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

it would be sick if you got it new skool style like josh woods or someone like frank la natra.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka
BrightLights;114769 wrote:
Point well made. Thanks for pointing this out to me. So do you think that one Phoenix in the middle, wings spread would fit there and allow enough detail? Dawn is a great idea for the background. I just don’t know what I’d put below the wings now lol. And im not sure how a Phoenix would look straight on.

i say unless youre following a religion or follow the mythology of the phoenix it shouldnt matter if you have one or two. if youre doing it for the sake of art do what looks best to you and makes for a badass tattoo.

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

Glad I could help

BrightLights
Participant
@brightlights
yodaddynukka;114775 wrote:
i say unless youre following a religion or follow the mythology of the phoenix it shouldnt matter if you have one or two. if youre doing it for the sake of art do what looks best to you and makes for a badass tattoo.

It’s definitely for the sake of art lol. I’ll probably get it drawn up many times before I settle because I’m picky like that ๐Ÿ˜‰ so I’ll probably play around with a few more ideas into this as well. I was also thinking a Phoenix and a gryphon or dragon but they seem so clichรฉ. I think the chest area is big enough for what I want. Well I hope it is because I have other plans for my back ๐Ÿ˜‰

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

20100211_034030_Useless_Thread_.jpg

BrightLights
Participant
@brightlights
D3FiANC3;114781 wrote:
D3FiANC3;114781 wrote:

http://www.google.ca/search?tbm=isch&source=mog&hl=en&gl=ca&client=safari&tab=wi&q=phoenix%20bird%20and%20dragon&sa=N&biw=320&bih=370#i=0
If I was to get 2, I’d get the Phoenixes in this position and this sort of style but with a tail more like this one’s

http://www.google.ca/search?tbm=isch&source=mog&hl=en&gl=ca&client=safari&tab=wi&q=phoenix%20bird&sa=N&biw=320&bih=366#i=3 obviously in the same style As the rest of the bird and not as fluffy lol

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Does having man boobs or moobs count ๐Ÿ™‚

BrightLights
Participant
@brightlights
peterpoose;114797 wrote:
Does having man boobs or moobs count ๐Ÿ™‚

I only have woman boobs so I wouldn’t know :p

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.