choppytehbear
Participant
@choppytehbear

Hello, i might be getting my first tattoo i a few weeks, and was wondering if this was a good idea for one, or just plain dumb. 1st grade to 8th grade of my life, it was hell. i was bullied, pushed around, and struggled with my grades. i almost commited suicide and i was kicked out for standing up for myself. i am thinking of getting this tattoo to show that i survived 8 years of hell, and lived. thoughts? Im getting it on my shoulder.
Star_of_Chaos.jpg

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

If you feel the need to ask if the tattoo you have chosen is a good idea then you are not ready for one.

choppytehbear
Participant
@choppytehbear

i kinda mis typed. i know its right for me. i was more wondering if it was a good tattoo with a good story.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Good that you stood up to the bully wankers, cant stand cowardly pricks!

Anyhows, the story is a good one and would be nice to get an ink to remind you of better times.

The picture for me personally is far too boring but thats just me. I would think up a great design picture wise but if you like that go for it!

choppytehbear
Participant
@choppytehbear
peterpoose;114655 wrote:
Good that you stood up to the bully wankers, cant stand cowardly pricks!

Anyhows, the story is a good one and would be nice to get an ink to remind you of better times.

The picture for me personally is far too boring but thats just me. I would think up a great design picture wise but if you like that go for it!

thanks, i know its a little boring, but i can expand on it later.

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

kat-von-d.jpg
Tell me more about the deeper meaning behind your tattoo.

choppytehbear
Participant
@choppytehbear
BertNaked;114660 wrote:
kat-von-d.jpg
Tell me more about the deeper meaning behind your tattoo.

seriously? ok then. the 8 moints represent the 8 years and hou they peirced me and my emotions. the outer circle is my self image and the inner circle is my emotions. that help it more?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

If thats what you want get it! But a tattoo doesn’t need a heart felt story behind it just has to be something that you want.

Amok
Participant
@amok

sorry to hear about your experiences, but I must agree with Peter. Also I don’t think it will look great as a tattoo. It kinda reminds me of a dreamcatcher, which can look good on skin. Maybe you could modify your design to suit, just an idea.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fernandotattoo/4440066657/

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

It has been my experience that if you walk into a shop with your idea set in stone with perfect reference material and you want it to be exactly the way you drew it, (especially on a first tattoo) your going to get exactly what you wanted. A tattoo that you designed. Having said that most people cannot design things that translate into good lasting tattoos. In my opinion walking into a tattoo shop with a very general idea of what you want is a better way to go. Tattooers are artists and can turn your idea into a great permanent fixture on your body. But you have to do your do diligence on the right artist. You need to be open to constructive criticism, about the subject matter, if you want the best possible work. Again in my personal opinion tattoos need to be collaborative. If you aren’t crazy about something speak up and tell them what you don’t like about it. I’m not saying to let yourself get steamrolled into getting something you don’t love. But be open to your artists opinions. Also tattoos don’t all have to be a memorial to your lost dog or 9/11 (here comes the backlash) if it has a story great if it means a lot to you, awesome. Just make sure its something that you love to look at.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

end of the day mate, not everybody can like the same type of tattoo’s if you like it you shouldn’t listen to anybody else’s opinion to be honest ๐Ÿ™‚ Your the one wearing it at the end of the day:)

It’s always nice to get some opinions but the final choice comes to you.

choppytehbear
Participant
@choppytehbear
Wardy;114692 wrote:
end of the day mate, not everybody can like the same type of tattoo’s if you like it you shouldn’t listen to anybody else’s opinion to be honest ๐Ÿ™‚ Your the one wearing it at the end of the day:)

It’s always nice to get some opinions but the final choice comes to you.

thanks. still a week before i might get it.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
choppytehbear;114697 wrote:
thanks. still a week before i might get it.

Get half of it done and if you like it get the other half done ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.