MeganS
Participant
@megans

Hey, hope you all don’t mind but I wanted to get your opinions on something. Basically I’m doing a tattooing apprenticeship, and as I’m sure we all do on this forum I was browsing online at tattoo related stuff when I came across a photo that infuriated me! I won’t repost it because I don’t want to get in trouble with the people who are featured in it but it was basically of somebody who was practicing tattooing on a friend with no gloves on, using a drinking glass to hold ink, no sign trying to prevent contamination by using a bag on the machine or clip cord etc. and when I questioned him on what the hell he was doing his response was “tattooing has been around for centuries and tribes have been doing it for squillions of years with less sterile conditions and most of them turned out okay”. Am I over reacting or is he a complete fool? Sorry for the rant, it makes me so mad when people like me spend months and months learning about hygiene before we even touch a machine yet some idiot buys one online and straight away risks somebodies health like that. 😡

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

I just finished my apprenticeship. I went about it the right way. You’re going about it the right way. This stuff totally infuriates me. The fact is that it happens all too often and the people doing it will use any excuse to make it right in their heads. You’ll see it more and more because you’re in the industry now. The only things you can do are call the authorities on the offenders and educate the public.

I don’t talk shit about other artists or other shops as a rule. I make one exception. There is a shop down the street owned by a guy who went to a two week tattoo school. He has even tattooed his 14 year old daughter. The shop is called East Coast Ink. He also employs a guy who has been scratching out of his house for a few years. The “tattoos” coming out of their shop are actually raised up scars with pigment in them. I tell every person that mentions that shop to avoid it like the plague. If you want to see the owner’s failures of tattoos you can find him on Facebook. His name is Jim Leair. Blow up his page. Tell him what a piece of shit he is.

Make scratcher’s lives difficult. Smear their names. Pressure them in to quiting. That’s my two cents.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

amen, turn all the scratchers out, f*ck them,

I collect great ink from great artists and I want these hacks gone as much as you do,

I wont use a shop that doesnt follow prescribed practices and I wont recommend one, no matter how talented they might be

Keep up the good work and best wishes, knock em out!

MeganS
Participant
@megans

I’m glad I’m not the only one it pisses off. I just wanna bang peoples heads against a wall for allowing these scratchers to ruin their skin, when I spoke to the guy who got ‘tattooed’ he said it was all 100% safe because he used a sterile needle, despite the fact that everything else could be dirty like the machine or the ‘tattooists’ hands. I wish there was some sort of regulations in England to get rid of these fools.

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

Big dudes with hammers to break their hands would be a great fix.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.