Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain

So I have an appointment set with my tattoo artist this coming Friday (June 1st) to get my sleeve worked on/finished. I have two tats on that arm now and I just want to get everything all connected but here is the thing, I’ll be getting it completely wrapped around my arm and the inner arm is where i’m a bit nervous about. I’ve heard it hurts like crazy and while I love the pain of getting a tattoo, this part of the body just has me a bit nervous. I don’t want to chicken out since I’ve gotten plenty of tattoos before. Got a fix up done on my Ankh that I have on my leg and that hurt like CRAZY! So i’m sure if I could deal with that I could deal with the under arm, right? Any advice for me with it at all? Things to do to keep my mind off of it or something. I mean my fiance comes with me and we’re always talking to my artist and the other artists in the shop, etc soo talking won’t be an issue lol Any help is appreciated ๐Ÿ™‚

Inkmywholebodi
Participant
@inkmywholebodi

Personally I did not find the pain of underarm to be anything terrible. As im sure you know, what pain there is will be well worth it if you have chosen the right tattoo/artist, plus thats part of the expierence. Having that fresh in your mind and maybe a little gum to chew on makes it very tolerable for me. Good luck! ๐Ÿ™‚

Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain

The one I have on my leg is actually really big, going from just below my knee, down to my ankle, over my shin and back on my calf just a little and it was a redo kind of thing soo that really hurt but I’ve been telling myself if I can deal with that then I can deal with the one on my underarm. My artist is good, he tells me I sit well and I always heal well so I trust him. Thanks for the ideas though, I’ll buy some gum for sure ๐Ÿ˜›

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

Your right a lot of the time they really hurt,
But it’s part of the process,
If you did your whole shin and anywhere near the back of your knee you know pain already,
For many people undersized of arm is very sensitive,
You will just need to do what you have done before.
Psych yourself into believing it isn’t going to be that bad, and grin and bear it,
You will make it thru, good luck

Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain

Thanks Chen. No tattoos near the back of my knee but it goes pretty damn close to my knee cap itself. Love the pain of a tattoo actually, just a little worried about the under arm because my sister has a rose band around her upper arm that she couldn’t finish because she said it hurt to bad but I guess I won’t worry to much!

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

your name is mistress_of_pain. you will be fine. just dont get your butt cheeks tattooed. now THAT hurts.

Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain

Ha, I wouldn’t go anywhere near my butt lol

Thanks though, just bought myself some gum to chew on while getting tatted. I’m sure I’ll survive

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
yodaddynukka;113733 wrote:
your name is mistress_of_pain

Valid point. ๐Ÿ™‚

Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain

Name doesn’t mean anything

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

All tattoos hurt – lol

No the arms are not bad – a little bit around the other side of the elbow pinched a smidgeon but all in all compared to say the ribs, backs of legs, tops of feet and butt cheeks it isn’t bad at all

And remember a moment of pain for a life time of having killer ink!!

Just cut back on the caffeine the day off and make sure you have a good meal before hand too.

Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain

I don’t drink anything but water soo caffeine isn’t even part of my diet and I always eat before hand. Can’t wait for it, everytime I think about it I get butterflies churning in my stomach. 6 days away but I tell you what, these 6 days are going to take absolutely forever to get here! My mom is gonna be pissed but oh well Ha!

Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain

So here is another question for you all. So, how would I go about sleeping with my new sleeve tattoo in hopes of it not bleeding/oozing onto my sheets? My artist advises not to cover it over night and only keep it covered for a few hours after it’s been done.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
yodaddynukka;113733 wrote:
your name is mistress_of_pain. You will be fine. Just dont get your butt cheeks tattooed. Now that hurts.

๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
Mistress_Of_Pain;113771 wrote:
So here is another question for you all. So, how would I go about sleeping with my new sleeve tattoo in hopes of it not bleeding/oozing onto my sheets? My artist advises not to cover it over night and only keep it covered for a few hours after it’s been done.

Screw the sheets, buy new ones ๐Ÿ™‚

Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain

Got my under arm piece done today and surprisingly, it didnt hurt anymore than the redo on my leg. Took 2 1/2 hours, another session soon to finish up the sleeve itself. Pics will be posted in the Inked skin section

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.