NoobieTattoo
Participant
@noobietattoo

My friend got a tattoo today and I was watching him all the way through as he’s getting a sleeve but they didn’t get as far as expected and he has like red pen markers where the guy sketched some for him onto his body but didn’t get up to it… he is scared to touch it as it’s next to new ink – will this ink come out and is this normal for an artist to use a pen marker?

@ Does everyone here have the problem when you get a tattoo to get the pen off afterwards?

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

a good artist will draw the image he is going to tattoo, he has the ability to make a piece that will better fit the area he is working in, in large pieces a stencil cannot be made that size and wouldnt conform to the bodypart anyway,

however at the end of a session he should wash off all marker and pen, if he doesnt he is probably not very professional and I would question who I am working with

the ink I wear is usually large pieces and all are hand drawn, artist starts with light colored markers to begin design, goes darker marker as he gets more detailed and final details with pen

67Olds
Participant
@67olds

The artist that did my ankle/foot tattoo drew it on with 2 different color sharpie markers. He started with a green to get the basic design then followed with a magenta to define the design. When he was done with the whole tattoo he used a wash to clean the area and also remove any ink from the sharpie before applying TatuDerm. He said because of the location the only way to get something to fit the area was to hand draw it. I am so pleased with the outcome.

NoobieTattoo
Participant
@noobietattoo

If they use a sharpie you cannot simply rub it off when the tattoo has just been done, it comes off naturally in time and this is normal, I rang him up and asked to confirm it was just the marker (sharpie pen) he used, I’ve looked online and it’s not just me who has this problem – if they are to use a stencil yes it’s easy.

“My artist uses sharpies…even used them on my backpiece and yes it is safe. We even made jokes about it being a “permanent marker”! LOL “Why bother with the ink and needles if this marker here is ‘permanent’ and doesn’t hurt a bit!” heheh Took awhile to get all the remnants of bright pink sharpie off my back, but other than that, no issues!”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.