Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain

Soo just a quick little question. Would about 55 pounds of weight loss effect the look of your tattoos? Looking to really loose some inches and some weight and I just don’t want my tattoos to suffer since they mean a lot to me and who I am as a person. Two of my tattoos are on my upper left arm. My arms I’m not to terribly worried about even though I’d really like to tone them up a bit. Then I have one tattoo on each of my calves. My calves aren’t exactly little and that is one place I’d really like to tone up and everything. Would weight loss effect that? Just a worry of mine when I get started with this. Any advice is appreciated!

Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain

Oops, may have posted this in the wrong section

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

They shouldn’t be affected at all.. I am down 75 lbs after I had stopped playing football and joined the Air Force, and all of my tattoos are still solid and unchanged.

Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain

That’s definitely a comforting thought

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Spot reduction is a myth. In other words, you don’t choose where the weight comes off. If you only did calf raises for the next month and managed to burn 3,500 calories, you would lose 1 lb off your body, not off your calves. The muscle builds under the fat. FWIW, the arms will be one of the last places that you lose the fat.

And yes the reduction in weight will affect the look of your tattoos, but if the weight reduction is gradual, then I wouldn’t worry about it too much.

horsegirl
Participant
@horsegirl

Loosing weight hasnt messed up the one on my side only when I was PG with my child did it get messed up freaking boy, lucky I love him
I need to get it fixed or covered up not sure I like it anymore

Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain

Well I know spot reduction is a myth but i’m talking about overall weight loss. Seems like there are mixed responses.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Mistress_Of_Pain;111635 wrote:
Well I know spot reduction is a myth but i’m talking about overall weight loss. Seems like there are mixed responses.

Well you said …

Mistress_Of_Pain;111541 wrote:
My calves aren’t exactly little and that is one place I’d really like to tone up and everything. Would weight loss effect that?

So I was just pointing out that you won’t get to choose whether the weight comes off your calves, your arms, your stomach, and so forth. 🙂

Anyway, there really isn’t any question. Just think of a balloon as you let air out of it. If the skin changes shape, then the tattoo will change shape. Again though, I don’t think you have any reason for concern. Changes don’t mean any of the tats will be ruined and in fact, they may be so gradual you don’t even notice them.

Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain

The ones on my calves actually really work with the space I have right now so hopefully it wouldn’t be much. I know with me working the past almost year and a half has really made them more muscular in a sense (meaning I can feel my muscle more so than I used to) I think i’d just wanna tone them up a bit. I guess I won’t worry to much about what happens with those areas when I get there, i’m sure it won’t be a big deal.

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

If you’re a person who tends to get stretchmarks, you’re probably out of luck. If you suffer from PCOS or other hormonal conditions, you’re more likely to experience skin changes with weight loss.

I had some marring issues when I had a hormonal cancer, and I’m a smaller person who rapidly gained and lost 40 lbs., a lot of it being tumor and fluid. My thigh tattoo was not disturbed, but it hit a number of areas below the navel. If you can, lose it slowly. (I lost 20 in one night with surgery and the rest I lost in a few weeks.) It’s far less likely to cause damage if you lose weight slowly.

However, your health is far more important than perfect skin or tattoos.

Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain

I’d be loosing it slowly that’s for sure. I don’t loose weight very easily and I’m gonna be trying some things soon in hopes to kinda kick it into gear. My metabolism is shot so it’s gonna take me a while to get it back on track anyway. Yes my health is more important but my tattoos are an important part of me and who I am but I guess we’ll see what happens when it starts happening.

Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain

I’d be loosing it slowly that’s for sure. I don’t loose weight very easily and I’m gonna be trying some things soon in hopes to kinda kick it into gear. My metabolism is shot so it’s gonna take me a while to get it back on track anyway. Yes my health is more important but my tattoos are an important part of me and who I am but I guess we’ll see what happens when it starts happening.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Mistress_Of_Pain;111662 wrote:
I don’t loose weight very easily and I’m gonna be trying some things soon in hopes to kinda kick it into gear. My metabolism is shot so it’s gonna take me a while to get it back on track anyway.

Just some off-the-cuff suggestions …

Log your calories/macros and keep it balanced (e.g. 35/35/30 [protein/carbs/fat])
Exercise (cardio + weight training)
Smaller, more frequent meals
Healthy fats (e.g. peanut butter)
Water

Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain

A couple of notes to what you posted.

Water I drink every da,y all day.
Tried calorie counting and writing down what i’m eating. Did that for quite a few months with very little success along with working out for 30mins to an hour every evening. Not a single pound lost. Frequent meals never helped either, trust me. I’m one of those people who have probably tried everything possible without any luck.

Planning a doctor’s trip here soon for a refill on one of my prescriptions, going to be talking to her then about it and see what she says about it since nothing I’ve done has worked.

Thanks for the suggestions but trust me, i’ve tried it all already.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Mistress_Of_Pain;111704 wrote:
A couple of notes to what you posted.

Water I drink every da,y all day.
Tried calorie counting and writing down what i’m eating. Did that for quite a few months with very little success along with working out for 30mins to an hour every evening. Not a single pound lost. Frequent meals never helped either, trust me. I’m one of those people who have probably tried everything possible without any luck.

Planning a doctor’s trip here soon for a refill on one of my prescriptions, going to be talking to her then about it and see what she says about it since nothing I’ve done has worked.

Thanks for the suggestions but trust me, i’ve tried it all already.

What is your doctor prescribing that is going to help you lose weight? Unless you have a legitimate medical issue preventing you from losing weight – which are extremely rare I might add – I would encourage you to enlist the help of a nutritionist and a trainer before you run for the pharmacy. In the end, it’s your body though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.