ilikejellyandinsects
Participant
@ilikejellyandinsects

I know the title sounds extremely random, lol, but I was just wondering how long does a tattoo take to completely heal and I can start wearing tight clothes over the tattoo again (I was planning on getting a tattoo on my thigh and I wear skinny jeans all the time)? I also take baths a lot and go swimming a lot but obviously you can’t soak a tattoo.

Inkmywholebodi
Participant
@inkmywholebodi

Everyone heals differently but it takes around 6 weeks to heal on average. Also if you check out the “Should this be used on new tattoo” thread you will find that Amok has a very good link for information on tattoo care.

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

Wait eight weeks. Don’t you want to guard your investment?

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw

Pretty much give yourself two weeks after the scabbing stops.

Akers444
Participant
@akers444

you should have only limited exposure to water until the tat is healed. Your 7 layers of skin heal in approx 21 days. use unscented lotion several times a day on it until its healed.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Wait at least 14 days before going to the baths. Depends how fast you heal if the skin still look’s shiny or scabby wait another 2 weeks. I usually take around 14-20 deals to fully heal.

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

I was so afraid of everything after my Freddie tattoo, that I did not wear anything tight on my legs for months! I even made a crazy contraption to wear around it for doing outdoor work because I was afraid of scratches and gashes. I may be a little on the extreme side, but I would wait at least a couple of months for the tight clothing. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.