squirmy_wurmy
Participant
@squirmy_wurmy

Have you ever seen (or are you) someone who is very feminine but has tattoos? What do you think of feminine only tattoos (traditional feminine colours, not “harsh” looking, “cute”)? Do you think the looks can go together, a woman in pretty skirts and tops, but has visible tattoos?
I ask because I try to dress in a feminine way, and always wear skirts. I like tattoos in general, and have plans to get visible ones soon (both on my right arm). I am worried about not looking feminine enough for me, though I am not complaining or anything, I just don’t know anyone like me.
So what do you guys think?

Zorba
Participant
@zorba

Keeping in mind who/what I am: A (straight) guy who many have called “feminine” as I wear skirts daily, have a “tramp stamp” tattoo, wear earrings and other jewelry, have long hair and am a Belly Dancer. Whatever – I personally don’t consider myself “feminine” in an absolute sense; but if it makes others happy to call me so – I’m OK with it…

With that huge disclaimer all said: I like well placed and good tattoos on women and men both. I like “pretty” or “beautiful” tattoos on everyone, I dislike “bad-ass” or “ugly” tattoos on anyone. A pretty tattoo makes its wearer prettier, an ugly tattoo makes its wearer ugly. So to answer your question – your tattoo ideas seem true to your self.

This is my path – others must find their own.

Morwin Nerdbane
Participant
@morwin-nerdbane

I’d say I’m a pretty girly girl.

I always have my nails painted, if there’s a chip they get redone. I always have my hair done (mostly cos it’s short and looks crap if I don’t) I’m a 50:50 dresser ie. I have lots of pretty skirts/dresses but I also feel perfectly comfortable out in my jeans. I’m also fairly heavily tattooed.

I have a cherry blossom/smoke back piece, I have a modern Japanese floral/smoke half sleeve in full colour, cherry blossom on my wrist, birds on my shoulders. However, I also have a skull and cross swords, wrestler and an autograph on my leg. All of my tattoos are very colourful and bright which I think reflects my personality.

A good tattoo artist can make things more femanine. There is a trend atm with Oriental tattoos looking almost like a water colour painting which is super pretty and delicate if done well. Your choice of colour will also girlie it up a lot.

What do you mean by ‘harsh’ colour? What were you thinking of getting?

gennyohhh
Participant
@gennyohhh

I wear dresses with girly cardigans fairly often and I have tattoos on both of my forearms (a teal and pink octopus, a small text tattoo, and a fairly large Wonder Woman that takes up my whole right forearm). I honestly think the juxtaposition of girly clothing and (almost) any tattoos looks really good. I also have to ask- what do you mean by “harsh”?

Morwin Nerdbane
Participant
@morwin-nerdbane

Gotta say I agree with gennyohhh; the contrast of tats and girlieness is awesome.

Chicks with tattoos are hot no matter what they get (within reason lol)

squirmy_wurmy
Participant
@squirmy_wurmy

Thanks for the replies. I guess I don’t really know what I mean by harsh any more.
Currently I am planning on getting a “cute” worm, which I am thinking of doing on/near my ankle, and a heart design which will be on my lower left arm.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.