xWhiteyy
Participant
@xwhiteyy

just wondered what peoples longest healing times have been? i’m currently 7 weeks into healing both my feet after tattoos which are still quite red/pink.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Well I haven’t really had a chance to compare as I am on my first tattoo but mine on my back healed really fast. It was peeled and no itching by a week.

Panter
Participant
@panter

Mine is getting quicker with each session.
Firs day, about two weeks. By the 6th session, it was almost totally healed within 7 days

Morwin Nerdbane
Participant
@morwin-nerdbane

I think the time of year alters your healing time. I take longer to heal in winter. Cold weather takes a lot of the moisture out of your skin so it’s natural healing properties are compromised.

I’ve never had any work done on my feet but I would imagine they would take longer to heal cos of shoes, socks etc but I’d have thought it’d be healed by now.

How have you been taking care of it? Cream? Shoeless?

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I heal better in winter, I can dry a piece out faster, summer is too moist, sweaty and hot here in the south, of my 244 hours 230 hours is from winter fall or early spring
I can begin to peel on 3rd or 4th day on most body parts,
a tough part like elbow or knee takes longer as really they dont tattoo for shit!
they may swell, fill with liquid all that good stuff,
stomach is weird peels longer takes a few weeks,
feet shouldnt take that long, but perhaps you were not able to give them enough rest because of work or school

xWhiteyy
Participant
@xwhiteyy
mrchen;108026 wrote:
I heal better in winter, I can dry a piece out faster, summer is too moist, sweaty and hot here in the south, of my 244 hours 230 hours is from winter fall or early spring
I can begin to peel on 3rd or 4th day on most body parts,
a tough part like elbow or knee takes longer as really they dont tattoo for shit!
they may swell, fill with liquid all that good stuff,
stomach is weird peels longer takes a few weeks,
feet shouldnt take that long, but perhaps you were not able to give them enough rest because of work or school

The skin has healed over the top it, its underneath the skin that is red, could this be some scarring or tissue repairing? It doesn’t feel raised.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

My first tattoo only took about 20 minutes to ink but took nearly 3 weeks to heal as the guy was really heavy-handed. My 2nd healed in about 10 days.

xWhiteyy
Participant
@xwhiteyy
D3FiANC3;108072 wrote:
My first tattoo only took about 20 minutes to ink but took nearly 3 weeks to heal as the guy was really heavy-handed. My 2nd healed in about 10 days.

Funny you should say that, the artist went over it about three times, could this be why its taking ages to heal underneath? They took 1 hour 45 minutes each approx..

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

yeah, not seeing the work when finished and not knowing how you have been taking care of it, I cant tell much,

alot of time people have trouble obn feet because they simply cant give the body part enough quality healing time because they have to go back to work or school and have to cover the new work and it get irritated or holds too much mositure,

but it sounds like your piece was over worked, unfortunate, because it can scab and fall out and even in extremes it can be so chewed up it takes a long time before it can be touched up or reworked,
sounds like you didnt scab but you are just taking an extra long time to heal becaue of over working

whever doing a knee, elbow, hand, foot I try to look for an artist who can do my style but also has an easy hand! Im not worried about pain, Im worried about healing!

xWhiteyy
Participant
@xwhiteyy
mrchen;108079 wrote:
yeah, not seeing the work when finished and not knowing how you have been taking care of it, I cant tell much,

alot of time people have trouble obn feet because they simply cant give the body part enough quality healing time because they have to go back to work or school and have to cover the new work and it get irritated or holds too much mositure,

but it sounds like your piece was over worked, unfortunate, because it can scab and fall out and even in extremes it can be so chewed up it takes a long time before it can be touched up or reworked,
sounds like you didnt scab but you are just taking an extra long time to heal becaue of over working

whever doing a knee, elbow, hand, foot I try to look for an artist who can do my style but also has an easy hand! Im not worried about pain, Im worried about healing!

I am currently using cocoa butter in the fear its scarring so I’m using that to try and get the red pink color out. I used bepanthen for the first week but it was very very raised and crimson red. I then switched to e45 lotion for a few weeks after. I didn’t wear shoes for three weeks, but now have to work so wear shoes every day. Some of the skin peeled prematurely, could this be the pinky colour where the ink used to be held? There’s no infection, has blood tests taken last week. If I elevate my feet, the red colour drains from them and looks completely healed.

goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes

I have tried a few things after being tattooed.

My first tattoo I was super anal about caring for it had everything ready-
-Clear non scented pump soap
-After care product from the Tattoo after care company
-Cling Film
-Surgical tape

When arriving home after being tattooed I took cling film off and washed, patted dry and left for a while before completely dry and then added after care product.
Being my arm I could wear a sleeveless T-shirt around the house which helped. I probably added a little too much after product and kept wrapped alot more than following pieces going for more of a wet healing strategy which worked well for me with healing time to the touch of about 1 week started peeling end of day 3.

My right arm I went away from the wetter healing and tried not wrapping for work the next day mainly because my arm just couldn’t breathe and it was very sweaty which I figured could be worse than the super soft cotton shirt I had selected to wear for the day. I was right the shirt didn’t aggravate anything like wearing cling film.
However it dried out by the end of day 2 and was peeling by day 3 however I had issues with the red not healing and becoming very itchy and a little dull looking. I believe this to be more to do with the ink that a change of care regime.

My latest piece I have done all the steps from the 1st tattoo I had but without the worry it’ll dry out, only covering for the first day when leaving the house, but keeping open when at home. I will wrap before bed but make sure it comes straight off in the morning.

I will be interested to see how quick my ribs heal as the skin is very smooth in this area with no sun damage etc so should heal well.

There are quite a few variables I would say how heavy handed the artist is/technique and experience will play a part in this. Colour or B+G and some people take longer to heal with colour, after care regime, amount of sweat the body produces/sport playing etc.

Feet are a bit different as I am sure hands will fall in to this category as well as they are being used ALL of the time and blood flow is sometimes comprimized by tight socks or footwear, weather conditions again sweat production not to mention a lack of air so 7 weeks although sounds a lot I am sure it is still within normal.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.