albert1500
Participant
@albert1500

thinking about getting some work done by this guy. went to the stop over the weekend and saw his portfolio and has a bunch of other real good looking work. he has a bunch of awards too.

thoughts?

http://www.aetattoo.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=75&Itemid=61

facebook (if you can see it)

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.230959200275700.55070.230827613622192&type=3

clay1680
@

do it, he does some very good work im sure you wont be dissapointed

albert1500
Participant
@albert1500

yeah i just need to figure out exactly what it is i want and save a little money because it wont be cheap :(… :rolleyes:

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

His work looks solid enough. What style are you looking to do?

albert1500
Participant
@albert1500
buttwheat;105930 wrote:
His work looks solid enough. What style are you looking to do?

i’m thinking of either doing a day of the dead girl or one of those b/g mary looking faces with the cloak over the head… may eventually do both but probably one sooner than later.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Skip the day of the dead thing to trendy now. but he should nail the other.

albert1500
Participant
@albert1500
buttwheat;105938 wrote:
Skip the day of the dead thing to trendy now. but he should nail the other.

yeah you’re probably right, have seen those quite a bit… the other i just love that style

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

it might just be me, but some of them look really good, others theres something not quite right, and others are just a bit amateur? the colour and design wrok from one to another doesnt always seem consistant? If he is truly responsible for the really good ones then great, but if he’s responsible for the not so good ones id be a bit worried lol maybe its just me being cynical but i dont get how an artist like this can go from the guy with the 2 guns (im sorry i have no i dea who it is, i assume its a movie reference of some kind) to that dreadful dragonfly thing which has zero composition or style or uniqueness about it, all in block colours and no real detail and shading and so on. Maybe its just me… good luck with whatever you decide ๐Ÿ™‚ x

albert1500
Participant
@albert1500
kittykat200;105940 wrote:
it might just be me, but some of them look really good, others theres something not quite right, and others are just a bit amateur? the colour and design wrok from one to another doesnt always seem consistant? If he is truly responsible for the really good ones then great, but if he’s responsible for the not so good ones id be a bit worried lol maybe its just me being cynical but i dont get how an artist like this can go from the guy with the 2 guns (im sorry i have no i dea who it is, i assume its a movie reference of some kind) to that dreadful dragonfly thing which has zero composition or style or uniqueness about it, all in block colours and no real detail and shading and so on. Maybe its just me… good luck with whatever you decide ๐Ÿ™‚ x

yeah i agree with you.. some are really good in my opinion and some are so so. my friend and my talked to him for a bit and he was pretty straight forward about his work. that he can work with a budget but not to expect the best work for little money… i dont know if thats a good or bad thing coming from a tattoo artist. should they always do top notch work if they are capable even if its for less money or just be firm on only doing top work for top dollars? :confused:

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200
albert1500;105943 wrote:
he can work with a budget but not to expect the best work for little money…

as soon as he said that to me, i’d say thanks very much for all your help, turn around, go home and get back to the researching lol

Any decent artist will always produce a tattoo to the best of their ability and will quite simply charge what they charge, if they chose to do someone a favour in terms of price well thats up to them but the tattoo should not suddenly be shit just because they arent getting as much money. smaller maybe, but definitely not just a bad tattoo with the excuse of “yeh but i only charged them 20 quid!” i would keep looking hun, you wont regret it.

you have to remember that its the portfolio of the artist that sells it and keeps them in business, they can get a name for themselves by their work and as such dont want to put their name to crap, this is why the rockstars of the tattoo work can afford to turn down work if they dont like the idea or quite simply dont want to do it.

Keep searching and let us know what else you find ๐Ÿ™‚ xxx

albert1500
Participant
@albert1500
kittykat200;105946 wrote:
as soon as he said that to me, i’d say thanks very much for all your help, turn around, go home and get back to the researching lol

Any decent artist will always produce a tattoo to the best of their ability and will quite simply charge what they charge, if they chose to do someone a favour in terms of price well thats up to them but the tattoo should not suddenly be shit just because they arent getting as much money. smaller maybe, but definitely not just a bad tattoo with the excuse of “yeh but i only charged them 20 quid!” i would keep looking hun, you wont regret it.

you have to remember that its the portfolio of the artist that sells it and keeps them in business, they can get a name for themselves by their work and as such dont want to put their name to crap, this is why the rockstars of the tattoo work can afford to turn down work if they dont like the idea or quite simply dont want to do it.

Keep searching and let us know what else you find ๐Ÿ™‚ xxx

we’ll see what happens… i like most of his portraits and thats what i’m looking for… the guy that did my sleeve does them too but he doesnt have many reference pics

the money isnt really a problem, i dont mind paying for quality work.

so we’ll see

anyway… my sleeve is finally finished. just waiting for it to heal completely to take some good pics. will post later.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

His stuff looks ok, but there are so many great artists who these color horror portraits, it would be a shame to settle imho. Maybe you coudl catch someone at a convention down there? (e.g.Ron 570, Cory Cudney, Paul Acker, Joshua Carlton). If that doesn’t work, what about Liz Cook in Dallas?

ZombieGeisha700pxLizCook.jpg
Vampire%20Girl%20tattoo.jpg
Virgin-Mary-Crying-Roses-Doves-Liz-Cook.jpg

Her looks are just a bonus:

doxr37.jpg

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

see, this is what im talking about, those are REAL tattoos, and im dead chuffed that they were done by a chick fair play to the girl ๐Ÿ˜‰

albert1500
Participant
@albert1500

i emailed liz cook and she replied today so sent her a pic of what i had in mind. so we’ll see if i can get an appointment. no rush anyway. she’s just coming back from Australia and i think is booked til april… so we’ll see how it goes.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
albert1500;106084 wrote:
i emailed liz cook and she replied today so sent her a pic of what i had in mind. so we’ll see if i can get an appointment. no rush anyway. she’s just coming back from Australia and i think is booked til april… so we’ll see how it goes.

Sounds promising. ๐Ÿ™‚ April not far off at all.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.