mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

no doubt, week after week Josh has won challange tattoos and crtique tattooes, James (I really like him) didnt win shit, he just kinda cruised under the radar, not really doing anything great

last week James fucked a girl up, I mean fucked her up bad, two right feet on a butchered pin up……Josh did great

this week Josh’s gets a wierd looking photo of guys mom, tattoos very much like the photo, yes kind of emotionless and spooky looking but thats the reference.

James butchers the tattoo, he saidreference was small, so blow it up, we saw it on tv!!
he killed her nose, killed he eyes, stranger couldnt even tell if it was the same lady.

judges said he showed skills that could help disguise poor work, WTF? Ink Master, I dont think so.

James lost, he knew he lost, he was going tot ake it like a man, Josh got robbed whether you are a Josh fan or not.

I am dissapointed, this is the point in this season that Josh, Shane and Tommy should be going head to head on work of their choice, it would really be a good show

The judging is killing this show

clay1680
@

yup that was bullshit me and my brother were watching it and both pretty much shouted in disbelief that he got jipped out of the finale. even though both the portraits were not good, joshs head shape was fucked and the eyes, eyebrows, mouth were off, i still think james’ was worse it didnt even look like the same lady. and just from past performances josh should have been in the final show. now it seems like Shane is just gonna cruise through this finals and easily win, if josh were still in it it’d be a different story.

TattCafe
Participant
@tattcafe

Almost choked on my coffee when he said better slap some shoes on those feet! Do you guys feel that is the best fix for that huge mistake? What would the other options be for that person?:confused:

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

man if I was that poor lady with James last pin up Id be thinking capitol murder!

the face is jacked, the feet are jacked and are not going to look right even in shoes?

maybe James pays for laser? or Tim Pangburn cover up?

goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes

Any one from the UK not able to watch the 3 available full episodes on the Spike website as I get an unavailable message.

goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes

Worked when trying a couple of hours later. Not many masters on this show. The girls were awful.
That Head tribal piece was a killer!

Darth Bane
Participant
@darth-bane

I just finished watching the show and like many above has posted am surprised too that James is still in. He does some good work, but Josh is a much better artist. I liked Josh’s pin-up girl, the use of colors especially. James threw on two of the same feet!! Oh well

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Both Josh’s and James’ portraits sucked ass. Personally I think James’ was worse, but it really could have gone either way. Josh is afar better artist than James, but these are judged based on individual challenges.

Adler
Participant
@adler
D3FiANC3;108541 wrote:
Both Josh’s and James’ portraits sucked ass. Personally I think James’ was worse, but it really could have gone either way. Josh is afar better artist than James, but these are judged based on individual challenges.

Yeah I agree. For such talented artists neither Josh nor James had any idea how to do a black and grey portrait tattoo. They both were horrible and if I was the client I’d be pretty pissed off. Josh gave his portrait two different sized pupils and showed no ability to tattoo realistic hair or do proper shading. James’ was bad, too, it was a toss-up for me as to whose was worse.
But quite honestly, so fucking what? It’s a goddamn tv show with some stupid goal of becoming “ink master,” whatever that means. I think some people are taking these results WAY too seriously, just like when Josh won the traditional challenge. Mrchen went on a whole rant about “seperating the men from the boys” and how could a inkmaster not do traditional. Now the same could be said of the portraits but I just don’t take it so seriously. I want Shane to win and so far he’s been lucky with the challenges but if he loses so what? I agree Josh is probably a better artist than James and should not have been voted off but it’s just a made up tv show with some stupid inkmaster title. I’m still not sure why I watch it (nothing else on) but I do, but I know I don’t take the results personally and I won’t lose sleep if Shane gets voted off next.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

-lol-black-13-tattoo-2010-in-portraits-quotcolor-realismquot-by-josh-woods---m-tattoodonkey_com.jpg
IinkMASTER_joshwoods_3.jpg

josh does color portraits, very, very good ones, better than Shane,
personally I think black and grey is easier and doesnt present as well, you may disagree, if so why can so few handle the color portrait, every butthead on this block here in marietta can do black and grey

I would have liked to see Josh judged fairly, TV or not, they challange was a tie or James lost (even James said he lost) so the contestants should have been judged on their work so far, in that case Josh wins

if you look at Josh reference for the black and grey portrait the portrait shows two different shaped pupils, the hair sucked too, but Josh took no chances and did the piece exactly as the shitty picture reference displayed, he had gotten into trouble on previous challanges by making things nicer.

Shane would get his ass kicked if he had to tattoo in color, Tommy Bili James Josh and Lea would knock him out

what happended happended,

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

do I rant?…………humm……..Im not the one cussing and all mad……….wow my friend, bad day??
I’ll take you out for a beer, chill

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
mrchen;108571 wrote:
josh does color portraits, very, very good ones, better than Shane,
personally I think black and grey is easier and doesnt present as well, you may disagree, if so why can so few handle the color portrait, every butthead on this block here in marietta can do black and grey

I would have liked to see Josh judged fairly, TV or not, they challange was a tie or James lost (even James said he lost) so the contestants should have been judged on their work so far, in that case Josh wins

if you look at Josh reference for the black and grey portrait the portrait shows two different shaped pupils, the hair sucked too, but Josh took no chances and did the piece exactly as the shitty picture reference displayed, he had gotten into trouble on previous challanges by making things nicer.

Shane would get his ass kicked if he had to tattoo in color, Tommy Bili James Josh and Lea would knock him out

what happended happended,

Those 2 pieces you posted by Josh are excellent, but neither is realistic and neither is a portrait. Color simply doesn’t lend itself to realistic portraits. Stephano is considered one of the greatest color realism artists around and yet the majority of his work doesn’t look ultra realistic either. On occasion, someone really gets it right (see the face on David Corden’s joker tattoo), but it’s rare.

We all know Josh is a great artist, but this was a portrait challenge and his portrait sucked. Period. It wasn’t because his reference photo sucked. The work just sucked and don’t tell me you wouldn’t be pissed if he tattooed that shit on you. Again, we all know he is a great artist but this particular tattoo sucked and that is what he was being judged on. He wasn’t being judged based on past performance and neither was anyone else. Hell they even stated that his past performance was more consistent than James’. But in this particular challenge, his work was shit and was judged accordingly. And sure, if they had to do a color cartoon piece, Josh would have trampled everyone – but they didn’t.

We all know that Shane doesn’t excel in color work and Shane knows it as well. We also know that Josh doesn’t excel in B&G work. Who cares? We all know their strengths and limitations. Honestly, Tommy is probably the most well rounded artist on the show. In reality though, none of us give a shit if a single artist can perfectly execute every single tattoo. We pick and choose artists based on how well their skill set and style matches the particular piece we want.

mrchen;108574 wrote:
do I rant?…………humm……..Im not the one cussing and all mad……….wow my friend, bad day??

Actually, yes you do rant and it’s obvious you aren’t being objective.

Adler
Participant
@adler
mrchen;108574 wrote:

I’m not mad, I’m just emphatically making statements.
Every once in a while I’m in Marietta, a beer sounds pretty good. I’ll watch for the guy wearing 244 hours of ink in the bright yellow Camaro. 😀

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

no doubt, you better hit me up

I didnt have good refs on Josh, I used what I had

color porrtraits are done by mike devries, joshua carlton and many others, I think all are not 100% realistiic, Brandon Bond calls it enhanced realism,

the judges said the night was a tie, they started to judge by previous work and thats where I thought a good man got robbed, but its over, Josh is rich, he is booked for as long as he wants

Adler
Participant
@adler

It’s been a while but I have friends who live near Sprayberry High, nice area but fairly congested.

And I’m not foolish enough to think Shane is as good with colors as Josh but I think Shane’s color skills are underestimated. I also think it’s time we stop arguing about a TV show, my bad.

medium_DSC_0047000120copy.jpg

back_face_tattoo.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 75 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.