mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I like to see these guys tattoo, I could watch Josh and Shane go at it week after week (it is time for Shane to do some color if he is going to be ink master)

clay1680
@

i think thias show is much better than the other reality drama bullshit ink shows even though ill tune in when there on. BUT I CANNOT STAND THAT ASSHOLE OLIVER PECK WITH HIS FUCKING TOOTHPICK 24/7. the dude just seems like such a douchebag sucking on a toothpick in every fucking scene. and he is nowhere near the level of artistry as woods or o’neill so for him to be judging these guys is retarded. he only does traditional and its not even that good. i would never get a tattoo from him based soley on the reason of the toothpick and the fact i can probably get just as good traditional work from a local shop. FUCK OLIVER PECK.

Thaela
Participant
@thaela
clay1680;107135 wrote:
I CANNOT STAND THAT ASSHOLE OLIVER PECK WITH HIS FUCKING TOOTHPICK 24/7. the dude just seems like such a douchebag sucking on a toothpick in every fucking scene.

Is it a toothpick? I thought it was a sucker or something lol…. either way, yeah, it bugged me too.

DragunRose
Participant
@dragunrose

I think I’ll enjoy watching this show a bit more now that the blonde girl is gone, overly sensitive whiney females just get on my nerves.

Dasch-attack
Participant
@dasch-attack

Am I missing an episode??? I dont remember a fire hat tattoo. the last one I saw was the shading competition, and I actually really liked Jiosh Woods’s black and grey tattoo, When the guy said what he wanted I was hoping Josh Woods could get that one even though its not really his style I think he pulled it off really well!!

Ive been emailing his work and I just have to call to get an appointment, just waiting to see how college works out!

Thaela
Participant
@thaela

The firehat tattoo was in the realism episode which was the new episode this past Tuesday. Maybe they’ll repeat the episode before next week’s new one.

kcgreyhound
Participant
@kcgreyhound

You can watch episode 1 and 4 on Spike’s website. I just watched them both again. While the judges annoy me, they’re pretty spot-on with their critiques, it seems to me.

Aussie Tom
Participant
@aussie-tom
clay1680;107135 wrote:
i think thias show is much better than the other reality drama bullshit ink shows even though ill tune in when there on. BUT I CANNOT STAND THAT ASSHOLE OLIVER PECK WITH HIS FUCKING TOOTHPICK 24/7. the dude just seems like such a douchebag sucking on a toothpick in every fucking scene. and he is nowhere near the level of artistry as woods or o’neill so for him to be judging these guys is retarded. he only does traditional and its not even that good. i would never get a tattoo from him based soley on the reason of the toothpick and the fact i can probably get just as good traditional work from a local shop. FUCK OLIVER PECK.

Wow. You have absolutely no clue. I feel sorry for you.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

Aussie sounds like you like Peck?

Aussie Tom
Participant
@aussie-tom

Come on Chen, for someone who loves to say how much “ink he wears” and the experience with his “boys” that he has, surely you should know how genuine and down right awesome Oliver Peck is, and that yes his tattoos to rock too.

I’m sure you’re aware of Stewart Robson? This is what he thought of Clay’s comments.

“That’s because he makes his opinions based on the internet and tv shows, not the real world.

He obviously has never seen Oliver take walk-ins all day and totally nail every single tattoo drawing, regardless of style in less than 15 minutes. Then execute every tattoo, regardless of style, cleanly, quickly and accurately without rock star attitude.
Just to make this clear, Oliver manages to give walk-in customers what they want and make a great tattoo that he can be happy with and other tattooers will appreciate. Think about that for a minute… walk-in customers who don’t give a shit who he is… and just want a tattoo they can like…. great tattoos… It’s a rare talent among tattooers and even more rare among ‘artists’ who make tattoos.

Making great tattoos, making customers happy and having a great time while being so fucking cool to everyone else in the room and helping tattooers less experienced than him, yeah, fuck that guy. I’d hate for the guy who does my awesome tattoo to have a toothpick, like ewwww, gross, totally not cool.”

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I wouldnt say I see it exactly the same way, Oliver is very good at traditional american tattooing, very good, his stuff is very clean, some other large custom pieces not in his style I didnt think were the best, he can tattoo anything off the wall as good as any man, people need to examine his line work and color packing up close, it is among the best……..in that arena he is a top gun

I personally didnt feel drawn to Oliver when I sat and watched him work, dont know if he was in a good mood or not but didnt get warm fuzzys from him, I wasnt the person in direct contact but at that point I didnt feel like I wanted to spend 10 hours with him

Oliver may be judging some artists with more artistic ability than he has on Ink Master, but in his judging so far he is looking for and critiquing technical aspects, which he is very good at and it is fair for him to judge.

anyone who hasnt seen his work, google it up, look at the traditional huge backpieces, sleeves, huge tattooes and tell me about the line work, it is flawless, check the color blends and packing? awfully good

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

on a different day I might think different

but artistically I am more into neo traditional, semi realism painting style

kcgreyhound
Participant
@kcgreyhound

Reading this thread is just about as fun as watching the show itself. Thanks fellas!

Dasch-attack
Participant
@dasch-attack

I actually like Oliver Peck a lot. His Elm street tattoo shop is really close to me, I tried getting an appt with him but never got a response.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

its all in what you like, I dont like Paul Booths work, or Olivers, if they were giving away full backpieces I would pass, just my tastes……….doesnt mean they cant tattoo

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 75 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.