young-lecky
Participant
@young-lecky

As the title says pity much :p

As we all know, alcohol and what not thins the blood down, which is bad for when you’re getting a tattoo.

A few months back on one of my sittings i was bleeding heavily and my artist said he wanted to stop after an hour because of it, which i was disappointed in seeing as i have to travel and hour and a half to get to him, but i knew that he knows best. I don’t know what i done to cause it or anythin’ but its in the past now.

I’m goin’ for a sitting next saturday (21st) and don’t want a repeat of it, so was wondering what i can eat/drink that will “thicken” my blood lol

Any advice/help is appreciated 🙂

Thanks

Amok
Participant
@amok

Even if its possible to do this I wouldn’t recommend it, thickened blood can cause clots and consequently stroke or worse.

young-lecky
Participant
@young-lecky

i don’t mean thicken it right up lol, i just mean that its not thin so i don’t “bleed out” again

bluey
Participant
@bluey

There are a number of Paramedics here whom will know all the answers, who will hopefully see your thread. I know what normal things thins the blood, many Headache and anti inflammatory tablets are blood thinners, so stay away from them. Coffee is blood thickener, although I don’t know in what quantities and time period (in large quantities Coffee is dangerous). Many prescription medicines thin the blood as a side effect. High blood pressure can also cause excessive bleeding along with a lot of exercise just before (e.g. rode a push bike the hour and a half to get there).

I would consult with a Doctor as the worst that they can do is say you are wasting their time, but if you do have a medical problem, they can fix it.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

How can i fly?

very stupid question -.- it’s very dangerous my answer is don’t be stupid.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Eat some pork fat.

young-lecky
Participant
@young-lecky
Wardy;105092 wrote:
How can i fly?

very stupid question -.- it’s very dangerous my answer is don’t be stupid.

can i ask how its stupid?

I dont want to waste my own time and money (on desiel) and his time, and also money if i can only sit for an hour out of the 5 hour sitting ive booked

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Thin blood is a medical problem. You might even have some disease or illness that’s causing it, ranging anywhere from nothing serious to deadly serious. You REALLY need to talk to a doctor and get some tests done, and once you have some answers you can ask them for advice on how to proceed with getting tattooed.
Most importantly, trying to continue without getting tests done to see whether you need to be worried about the thin blood would be incredibly stupid. A tattoo is not worth your health or your life.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Make sure you don’t take any NSAID’s as they thin the blood

NSAIDs : non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs

Aspirin (Anacin, Ascriptin, Bayer, Bufferin, Ecotrin, Excedrin)
Choline and magnesium salicylates (CMT, Tricosal, Trilisate)
Choline salicylate (Arthropan)
Celecoxib (Celebrex)
Diclofenac potassium (Cataflam)
Diclofenac sodium (Voltaren, Voltaren XR)
Diclofenac sodium with misoprostol (Arthrotec)
Diflunisal (Dolobid)
Etodolac (Lodine, Lodine XL)
Fenoprofen calcium (Nalfon)
Flurbiprofen (Ansaid)
Ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin, Motrin IB, Nuprin)
Indomethacin (Indocin, Indocin SR)
Ketoprofen (Actron, Orudis, Orudis KT, Oruvail)
Magnesium salicylate (Arthritab, Bayer Select, Doan’s Pills, Magan, Mobidin, Mobogesic)
Meclofenamate sodium (Meclomen)
Mefenamic acid (Ponstel)
Meloxicam (Mobic)
Nabumetone (Relafen)
Naproxen (Naprosyn, Naprelan*)
Naproxen sodium (Aleve, Anaprox)
Oxaprozin (Daypro)
Piroxicam (Feldene)
Rofecoxib (Vioxx)
Salsalate (Amigesic, Anaflex 750, Disalcid, Marthritic, Mono-Gesic, Salflex, Salsitab)
Sodium salicylate (various generics)
Sulindac (Clinoril)
Tolmetin sodium (Tolectin)
Valdecoxib (Bextra)

Note: Some products, such as Excedrin, are combination drugs (Excedrin is acetaminophen, aspirin, and caffeine).

Note that acetaminophen (Paracetamol; Tylenol) is not on this list. Acetaminophen belongs to a class of drugs called analgesics (pain relievers) and antipyretics (fever reducers). The exact mechanism of action of acetaminophen is not known. Acetaminophen relieves pain by elevating the pain threshold, that is, by requiring a greater amount of pain to develop before it is felt by a person. It reduces fever through its action on the heat-regulating center of the brain. Specifically, it tells the center to lower the body’s temperature when the temperature is elevated. Acetaminophen relieves pain in mild arthritis but has no effect on the underlying inflammation, redness and swelling of the joint.
Paracetamol, unlike other common analgesics such as aspirin and ibuprofen, has no anti-inflammatory properties, and so it is not a member of the class of drugs known as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or NSAIDs.

young-lecky
Participant
@young-lecky
ArniVidar;105136 wrote:
Thin blood is a medical problem. You might even have some disease or illness that’s causing it, ranging anywhere from nothing serious to deadly serious. You REALLY need to talk to a doctor and get some tests done, and once you have some answers you can ask them for advice on how to proceed with getting tattooed.
Most importantly, trying to continue without getting tests done to see whether you need to be worried about the thin blood would be incredibly stupid. A tattoo is not worth your health or your life.

t’was test a wee while back (for a completely different problem) and all was clear

i’ve had a sitting between the one which had to be stoped, and now and it was top, bit of bleeding but nothin more than there should of been. just wana take all the precautions i can so i dont waste time and money as im trying to save

BowsButtons
Participant
@bowsbuttons

I bleed like i’ve got gallons to spare because I’m anemic.
Try having a big healthy meal before you get tattooed, nothing too fatty. Avoid painkillers and drinking the night before or if you’re slow to recover from hangovers give it two days detox time.

Blackwidow689
Participant
@blackwidow689

First off, “thickening” your blood probably isn’t a great idea for your health….that being said, i have a suggestion that shouldn’t do much damage at all, BUT idk how well it would work. I sell blood plasma for extra dough, and one way to make the blood flow a little easier is to drink plenty of fluids a day or two before. Now, if this makes the blood flow easier, I would guess that drinking less fluids would have the opposite effect. I wouldn’t stop drinking fluids completely in that time period, but maybe if you drank less water/pop/whatever a day or two before your sitting, your blood would be a little less fluid? I dont know if it would work well enough to make a difference, but its a thought and it would do minimal damage to your system to be slightly dehydrated for a day or so

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw

Don’t drink before your next sitting?

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

You cannot thicken your blood in the sense that you mean. The clotting agent in your blood is based upon on your white blood count and how healthy your red blood cells are.

To pump up both I would suggest a course of iron tablets and plenty of liver (if you can stomach that).

Otherwise spinach and broccoli are good sources of iron. These will boost your red cell count.

Being dehydrated would actually cause you to bleed more not less as the body would have to work harder to get the oxygen through – plenty of fluids aids the body recovery and immune system.

The list of drugs to avoid has already been done and try and avoid caffiene for the session.

Take care
Matthew

hamsternuts
Participant
@hamsternuts

inject some cornflour

well that’s what my nan used to use to thicken up soups/stews etc

simples

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.