ben93
Participant
@ben93

Basically im getting this tattood or something similar.

Its better to be yourself than be someone else.

Does that make sense properly im not the best at english if not is there something similar that means the same thing as being yourself and not copying others.

Thanks for any help. 🙂

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

well the “its” should be “It’s” as it stands for it is and i would probably have “to be someone else” than just “be” as i think it sounds better.

I’m a literature student so that’s the grammer side of things but at the end of the day the actual wording itself is really up to you, whatever feels most comfortable 🙂

Not much point having a quote from Moby Dick if you’ve never read it if you get what i mean? lol

Good luck 🙂

arnoldsantos1
Participant
@arnoldsantos1

*It’s

Do you really need a tattoo to remind yourself to be yourself?

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

ditto…………..my body is no place to quote anyone……….ever

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

i’m not necessarily saying dont quote other people, you could have a favourite book or poem where a line or two just really resonates with you but if it’s just something you want to say for yourself there’s no point quoting someone you’ve never heard of just to make it sound clever lol i dunno, i know people who have a couple of lovely quotes that really suit them and their personality 🙂

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Yes sounds great get that.
We need more people coming on here and asking how do I cover this up.

Amok
Participant
@amok

Are you going to be able to look at that quote in 20 years and still like it? I would ask myself that before getting it tattooed.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.