kmr13
Participant
@kmr13

For my dissertation, I want to interview people who have an interesting story behind one or more of their tattoos.

It doesn’t have to be any particular type of tattoo; big, small, abstract, portrait, traditional, etc; it’s mainly the reason behind the tattoo I’m in interested in.

If you have a story you’d like to share I’d love to hear about it. 🙂 It can be about absolutely anything; religion, political, personal experience, it really doesn’t matter 🙂

You can private message me, and tell me about your tattoo/s, and I will then message you back with more in-depth questions (or email if that is easier). If you’re story gets incooperated into my dissertation I will include your name and any other information you wish (or not include anything if you’ prefer).

Thank you for your time!

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

So the time is here to tell the “Infamous Wardy Tribal story.”

Once upon a time in a scruffy garage not far from he’s house a young 15 year old boy who go’s by the name Alex “Wardy” Ward wanted a tattoo to be the cool kid in school with a tattoo. What he didn’t know was the person who was to give him the tattoo 4days after Christmas day was a complete fucking spastic. So on the 29th december he went to the garage where the man was covered in tattoo’s (Said 70% of them he done himself), Was looking through he’s magazine portfolio flash design things and i picked a tribal just for the sake of getting it to be honest. Was getting tattoo’d and didn’t relise at the time but i do now he kept stopping to roll a ciggerette with the gloves he was tattooing me in, and kept replying that he need’s new glasses.

Moral of the story, always go to a good professional artist to get your tattoo’s done and if somebody offers to do you a tattoo at home/kitchen/garage stab them in the throat with a fucking spoon.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

its weird I am from Baltimore city but am kind of a outdoorsman, hunter, fisherman, handler of animals, stepdad really took me out of the city and showed my hunting and fishing and I ma traveled and learned well. I always loved animals and by the time I was a late teen a friends family had a horse farm and a became a helper with horses, donkeys, cats, dogs, pigs, chickens etc.

Well about 8 years ago, me now in my thirties, married and working hard on west side of Atlanta, I get a call from wife, she is in buckhead, rich section in northern part of city, she says there is a great horned owl caught in a tree. She said he couldnt fly off, his leg had become tangled in some dried out kudzu vines that were around the small tree branch he landed on just 5 feet or so of the ground.
I told her to call county animal control, they wouldnt do shit, I told her to call chattahoochee river rescue (non profit) they wouldnt do shit, no one at her work would help, ups guy scared, finally she calls me after lucnh and said he is hanging upside down now, appears to be giving up……..she said he is the biggest bird she has ever seen, 2 feet tall and 6 foot plus wingspan.

I jumped in my hemi truck and headed that way. I had grabbed my welding gloves and some metal snips and had no idea what I would do really when I got there.
I arrived and the owl was not happy with my presence, I tried to calmly talk to him and I just went for it. I moved a small branch across his body to give me just a little protection, his talons were about 1.5 inches long, he was panicy but he let me cut the vines. He dropped to the ground and sat up. I tried to give him his time, thinking how long it would take me to get my wits had I been hanging upside down. But after 1 hour he would not fly away, it was now dusk and I didnt want to leave him. Finally animal control showed up, the guys is 5 foot tall and 100 years old, wont go near the owl, I grabbed one of his cages and when I got close to owl he flew away.

It was a once in a lifetime experience, the contact we had with each other changed me, we spent hours together, the fact that the owl let me cut him out is a miracle.

I booked Russ Abbott a world renowned american style tattoo artists and had him do a great horned owl for me. The tattoo was feautured in a video documentary on Russ Abbott by jim Beam called’ The Stuff Inside” …you can see it on youtube now, I actually narate part of it.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
kmr13;100124 wrote:
If you’re story gets incooperated into my dissertation I will include your name and any other information you wish (or not include anything if you’ prefer).

Aside from the fact that a nearly identical post has been made here on several occasions, the above statement leads me to believe your post is bogus. It is unethical to include any personally identifying information in a dissertation and surely you would know that if you were indeed writing one.

kmr13
Participant
@kmr13

I am writing a dissertation. I am in the early researching stages at the moment though and we haven’t had many lectures with our tutors yet so I haven’t heard anything about not including peoples names. I’m doing an Illustration course so it may be different for art students than something like a medical student.
I’ve also never been on this website before :/ It’s quite a popular subject though so I’m not surprised people have asked before.

Zorba
Participant
@zorba

If you REALLY want the blow-by-blow:

http://www.doubleveil.net/tattoo.htm

arnoldsantos1
Participant
@arnoldsantos1

Skull and snake tattoo – I like skull & snake tattoos. The End.

Amok
Participant
@amok

I wanted a bigger penis so I had one tattooed on my back. It’s about 6 inches.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I like cake

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Well mine is clearly the best because none of you started yours with “Once upon a time” :rolleyes:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.