ArniVidar
@arnividar
Thaela;94101 wrote:
I totally didn’t believe in the whole “tattoos are addictive” rubbish but it’s been a whole 2 weeks since I got my first and now I’m super excited to get another

That’s what they all say 🙂

Amok
Participant
@amok

agree with the addiction sentiment. if it weren’t for all the usual reasons i’d get 4 sleeves done right now. If i ever do, you’ll know I’ve left my job, my in-laws are dead and my wife’s left me. But at least i’ll have some sweet ink

xanderx
Participant
@xanderx

go for it! 🙂

xanderx
Participant
@xanderx
Amok;94346 wrote:
agree with the addiction sentiment. if it weren’t for all the usual reasons i’d get 4 sleeves done right now. If i ever do, you’ll know I’ve left my job, my in-laws are dead and my wife’s left me. But at least i’ll have some sweet ink

haha nice. I can just copy-paste this! This is exactly my case as well hehe.

Thaela
Participant
@thaela
Amok;94346 wrote:
if it weren’t for all the usual reasons i’d get 4 sleeves done right now. If i ever do, you’ll know I’ve left my job, my in-laws are dead and my wife’s left me. But at least i’ll have some sweet ink

lol that would make a good signature quote 😀

Parademic
Participant
@parademic
Thaela;94189 wrote:
And I just don’t understand *why* its addicting either! I mean, it hurt like a bitch…. There must be something wrong with me lol…

I think it’s that normally your skin is so bland, this allows you to express who you are.

Thaela
Participant
@thaela

Yeah maybe… Its hard to describe I guess!

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Amok;94346 wrote:
If i ever do, you’ll know I’ve left my job, my in-laws are dead and my wife’s left me. But at least i’ll have some sweet ink

I sometimes daydream about this …

Jimmyson
Participant
@jimmyson

Healed after a week? Don’t think so darling.

Thaela
Participant
@thaela

Well sweet cheeks, it had finished peeling and was not painful anymore. Of course it wasn’t “completely” done but believe me, I have a lot of experience with wound care so I can tell when something is mostly healed or not 😉

That said, even though it is healed now and looks perfect, i’m still applying lotion once a day or so…. probably don’t really need to at this point, but just want to take good care of it 🙂

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

There is a big difference between healing a wound and healing a tattoo. My dad is a paramedic, and has been in the medical industry for almost 30 years, and he still listens to exactly what his artist says and how long he should be doing somethings. Not saying you did anything wrong. I just know that unless it’s shading, I have never had all my scabs come off within a week if I’m healing it by leaving it alone and not scrubbing it.

I can’t speak for everyone, but I know my fills take about 2 weeks before the scabs are almost all gone, and I don’t even go to the gym for at least a week because if the scabs get wet and soak then it can cause issues.

Jimmyson
Participant
@jimmyson
Parademic;94823 wrote:
There is a big difference between healing a wound and healing a tattoo. My dad is a paramedic, and has been in the medical industry for almost 30 years, and he still listens to exactly what his artist says and how long he should be doing somethings. Not saying you did anything wrong. I just know that unless it’s shading, I have never had all my scabs come off within a week if I’m healing it by leaving it alone and not scrubbing it.

I can’t speak for everyone, but I know my fills take about 2 weeks before the scabs are almost all gone, and I don’t even go to the gym for at least a week because if the scabs get wet and soak then it can cause issues.

Indeed so, roughly 2 marks is the correct mark I got one a week on Friday and most has gone but not all…few more days of the awful healing looking tattoo 😉

Thaela
Participant
@thaela

I’m a tattoo n00b, so I absolutely followed the all instructions I was given – didn’t soak, scrub, pick or anything. Even copied them onto my iphone so I could refer to them anytime. Was really particular and careful about it. The last scab flaked off a week later in the shower and the skin underneath was normal – not raw. Was in the shaded color part so not sure if that matters..?

I’m not a tattoo expert by means, but I know my body and I know wound care (after having many scratches, bites and abrasions at work over the years) and I would *never* risk screwing up my tattoo. Everyone’s body is different… Maybe my next one won’t be the same *shrug*

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.