Bluesman
Participant
@bluesman

Hi folks – Great forum here!
My tattoo artist is closed on Monday and Tuesday so I hope somebody can assist me here.
I got a tattoo yesterday and am following after care instructions but am worried. When I wash and dry it, I actually see ink on the soft cloth as I dab it dry. When the tattoo dries, it is fine until I put that thin coat of A&D on it. After about 5 minutes as your body heat makes the ointment run a bit, I dab it again with a soft cloth and I see a lot of ink again. I was told to wash and put oiintment on 2X a day for at least 3 days. So far I don’t see changes in the colors or any running of colors, but I just need to know just how much ink can I stand to lose before this thing needs to be touched up. OR – is this all normal? I read some tatto artists suggest a dry healing? What’s your opinion on what is happening to me?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

First of all, I think you may be using too much ointment. It’s only supposed to be a very thin layer… one which gets absorbed pretty rapidly.

Other than that, it’s impossible to tell without pictures but it’s probably all normal 🙂

Bluesman
Participant
@bluesman

ArniVidar;92499 wrote:
First of all, I think you may be using too much ointment. It’s only supposed to be a very thin layer… one which gets absorbed pretty rapidly.

Other than that, it’s impossible to tell without pictures but it’s probably all normal 🙂

Thanks Arni – I am taking care of my wife’s tattoo also and using very little ointment. Her’s also starts to look like it is ‘sweating’, but when I dab it, there is no ink. Her’s is a smaller tattoo though on the ankle, and mine is a larger one on the bicep. It doesn’t look faded, so I guess the oozing and ink is normal. Maybe because of the heavy black used??

I don’t know if I am allowed to post a picture here, but I will try. If you view my album it is the only tattoo there. Have a look

ArniVidar
@arnividar

If you look below a picture in your album, you will see a BB Code. Copy that code into a post, and the image will appear 🙂

Bluesman
Participant
@bluesman
ArniVidar;92508 wrote:
If you look below a picture in your album, you will see a BB Code. Copy that code into a post, and the image will appear 🙂

OK thanks – I still am having more work on this on the wings in a few weeks, but let me know your thoughts on why it mat be losing so much ink and my wife’s is not

ArniVidar
@arnividar

It looks to be healing just fine.

Bluesman
Participant
@bluesman

Thanks a million Arni – I will repost when all done…

ArniVidar
@arnividar

You’re very welcome.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Got a P-Bass myself, and have been thinking I might get something like that tattooed on me. But it’s difficult to choose just one of my instruments, and I can’t bloody well have them all! 😀

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

It looks just fine. It is most likely just some ink leaking out (the holes that the needle poked in to you are not closed yet) Keep it dry only wash a couple times a day and use only the thinnest layer of ointment on it. Congrats on the new ink.

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904

That oozing is plasma. You just probably didn’t wash it all after your first wash. Use antibacterial soap like Dial liquid. It’s normal to see a little bit of ink when you pat it dry. This is just from my experience.

Go easy on moisturizing it. Too much moisture is bad for your tattoo.

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

When I get tattoo’d. I do a light sprinkle of water on it, and tap dry it off for the first day or 2. I don’t apply ointment until a day or two later, and even then I apply it once a day, very minimal amounts.

Bluesman
Participant
@bluesman
imperial1904;92539 wrote:
That oozing is plasma. You just probably didn’t wash it all after your first wash. Use antibacterial soap like Dial liquid. It’s normal to see a little bit of ink when you pat it dry. This is just from my experience.

Go easy on moisturizing it. Too much moisture is bad for your tattoo.

Hello again – I don’t know why I stopped receiving email notices for this thread, but I just decided to come to the forum and saw this response. The first tattoo turned out fine thanks to everyone’s help, but I do have another question.

I just got another tattoo and the artist suggested Dial Gold Liquid anti-bacterial soap so that is what I bought. I noticed that one of the ingredients says “fragrance”. I called the people who make this product and they told me Dial liquid does NOT come fragrance free. There are different fragrances, and Gold is one of them. I am not sure I should use this??? I know NOT to use fragranced oitments and lotions, but soap????

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw
Bluesman;94186 wrote:
Hello again – I don’t know why I stopped receiving email notices for this thread, but I just decided to come to the forum and saw this response. The first tattoo turned out fine thanks to everyone’s help, but I do have another question.

I just got another tattoo and the artist suggested Dial Gold Liquid anti-bacterial soap so that is what I bought. I noticed that one of the ingredients says “fragrance”. I called the people who make this product and they told me Dial liquid does NOT come fragrance free. There are different fragrances, and Gold is one of them. I am not sure I should use this??? I know NOT to use fragranced oitments and lotions, but soap????

I used Dial Gold when I had absolutely nothing else and it worked fine. I went to Walgreens and got their brand soap. It DOES come fragrance free.

Bluesman
Participant
@bluesman
maniacthw;94192 wrote:
I used Dial Gold when I had absolutely nothing else and it worked fine. I went to Walgreens and got their brand soap. It DOES come fragrance free.

I should have got the store brand. The people at the company who makes Dial said they don’t make anything fragrance free. Hmmmm.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.