manbeastanimal
Participant
@manbeastanimal

i could have gotten tatted up along time ago but i can never figure out what to put in it.

pete28
Participant
@pete28

Hello my friend. I am currently finishing up my japanese sleeve so I have a bit of experience : ) Also I lived in Japan and was deep in the culture. Ok enough of that. Now the first thing is what exactly are you looking for in the sleeve? Are you looking for traditional characters in the sleeve or are you looking to twist it to something that interests you? Do you plan on extending it into a full body pierce? if you could provide some more information on what you need and want it would be great. It took my artist and I 2 years to come up with the complete design for my sleeve and we still make little corrections. there are so many things to consider as it will be a huge piece. I would love to help and have several books that you can check on line to help you out. Let me know and I would happy to assist in any way.

Pete

manbeastanimal
Participant
@manbeastanimal

it is going to cover my whole arm and extend to cover my chest. and im definitely looking to twist it up. and make it brutal. with more dark colors. not necessarily black and gray but like deep reds, blues, and others of the sort. but as of now i know i want the samurai, a dragon, a fu dog, hannya mask, and maybe a geisha. i already have a koi fish but its on my ribs, so im sure ill eventually expand it to there as well.

manbeastanimal
Participant
@manbeastanimal

it is going to cover my whole arm and extend to cover my chest. and im definitely looking to twist it up. and make it brutal. with more dark colors. not necessarily black and gray but like deep reds, blues, and others of the sort. but as of now i know i want the samurai, a dragon, a fu dog, hannya mask, and maybe a geisha. i already have a koi fish but its on my ribs, so im sure ill eventually expand it to there as well.

happyb
Participant
@happyb

seems like you want a lot of stuff. hopefully you have long or big arms to fit all that stuff in

pete28
Participant
@pete28

The characters sound great. Just an idea since you are going ovr the shoulder is to put the dragon there as the tail can go all ovr your arm ya know? If not in the plans I would definitely put in some peonies for a splash of decent color. I am wokring on some information now for my wrist area. I am working with a friend who does japanese kanji and cot sure fian do charactrs to fit around my wrist. The tricky part is placing the characters all on your arm in what you feel would be the correct order. Do you want to have the samurai fighting the dragon or the dog? Or perhaps the geisha girl standing with the samurai? I am so interested in how it will come out. Please let me know.

Not sure if it will help you or not but I go to all the goodwill stores and libraries and pick up some awesome books with tattooing in them. Every once in a while I get lucky

pete28
Participant
@pete28

The characters sound great. Just an idea since you are going ovr the shoulder is to put the dragon there as the tail can go all ovr your arm ya know? If not in the plans I would definitely put in some peonies for a splash of decent color. I am wokring on some information now for my wrist area. I am working with a friend who does japanese kanji and cot sure fian do charactrs to fit around my wrist. The tricky part is placing the characters all on your arm in what you feel would be the correct order. Do you want to have the samurai fighting the dragon or the dog? Or perhaps the geisha girl standing with the samurai? I am so interested in how it will come out. Please let me know.

Not sure if it will help you or not but I go to all the goodwill stores and libraries and pick up some awesome books with tattooing in them. Every once in a while I get lucky

arnoldsantos1
Participant
@arnoldsantos1

Dragon from elbow up with head on chest. On the other arm, foo dog from elbow up with head on chest. Forearms, one samurai, the other geisha. Hannya backpiece. 2 sleeves, dragon and foo dog looking at each other on your chest. And when you put your forearms together, you got man & woman.

pete28
Participant
@pete28

that is an awesome lay out. I would love to see it whenever you get it complted.

manbeastanimal
Participant
@manbeastanimal

ok. they style of the tattooed decided off of this picture. this is gonna be the style i want the whole arm done in. so tell me what you think and what would look good with it. i love it and i hope you do too.

http://browse.deviantart.com/traditional/?q=samurai%20mask&order=9&offset=48#/d2m9icm

EzAndy
Participant
@ezandy

Hello

Totally new to this forum lark. I too have always wanted a sleeve and have held off as I dont want to cause offence by mixing the wrong things on the same piece. I want mine to have a samurai as a centre piece and to that end I have been looking for the best examples of classic wood print pictures I can find. Please advise on what else I can put into it as a basic idea. I want lots of colour as it will contast with the greyscale polynesian sleeve I have on the other side. All advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Andy

EzAndy
Participant
@ezandy

I would also like to incorporate Buddha into it

EzAndy
Participant
@ezandy
pete28;92567 wrote:
Hello my friend. I am currently finishing up my japanese sleeve so I have a bit of experience : ) Also I lived in Japan and was deep in the culture. Ok enough of that. Now the first thing is what exactly are you looking for in the sleeve? Are you looking for traditional characters in the sleeve or are you looking to twist it to something that interests you? Do you plan on extending it into a full body pierce? if you could provide some more information on what you need and want it would be great. It took my artist and I 2 years to come up with the complete design for my sleeve and we still make little corrections. there are so many things to consider as it will be a huge piece. I would love to help and have several books that you can check on line to help you out. Let me know and I would happy to assist in any way.

Pete

Hello Pete

I too have held off for some years as I havent known what to put with what and I wanted to be sure what I wanted as the centre piece. Im now settled on a samurai at the centre with a buddha at the inside above the elbow. The samurai would be based on a classic block print style and weilding his katana. What other elements should I incorporate and for what reasons. Your advice greatly appreciated. Cheers

feathertouch
Participant
@feathertouch

I’m blond so I kind of don’t get this whole cause offense thing I keep reading about, in my eyes so long as you don’t steal some gangs symbol ie: death head or charlie, you are fairly safe to put what you want on your body. Mix and match to what appeals to you. Am I wrong in this thinking, is some little Japanese lady going to run up and kick you in the nads for having a cherry blossom next to buddas nose?

Briscogun
Participant
@briscogun

Written by a person who has obviously never been kicked in the nads by a little Japanese lady! 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.