Plague
Participant
@plague

Are there different types of black ink that will stay black? I’m kinda new, so don’t beat me up too much with this…I would think there are def different qualities of ink.

I notice that some ppl whose tats are older sometimes looks greenish or bluish. (In a recent post a read, Knighhawk said something about a tat fading to green?) I kno that tats naturally fade, but what steps can be taken to keep the black its blackest?

What would I want to ask or look for to determine what kind of ink an artist/place uses? OR… is the fading unavoidable? OR does it depend on how heavy or dark the artist does it?

Any different for color?

Cheers.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

ink will always fade, no matter what. but there are different quality of inks that stay vibrant longer. this applies to not just black, but all colors.

Plague
Participant
@plague
yodaddynukka;92011 wrote:
ink will always fade, no matter what. but there are different quality of inks that stay vibrant longer. this applies to not just black, but all colors.

Do u know which black inks last? Also, would it be okay to inquire about their inks beforehand?

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

It also depends on where you get the tattoo. For example i need my 4th touch up on my fingers soon.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka
Plague;92012 wrote:
Do u know which black inks last? Also, would it be okay to inquire about their inks beforehand?

Most quality ones. I personally like silverback blacks, but there are tons of good brands out there.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Plague;92012 wrote:

It’s really not your job to know anything about the inks, IMO. If the artist is any good, he’ll use good inks.
If a customer came into my shop and started spouting ignorance and demanding ink X in his skin, if I were using ink Y that I knew was good, I’d smack said customer silly 🙂

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
ArniVidar;92123 wrote:
It’s really not your job to know anything about the inks, IMO. If the artist is any good, he’ll use good inks.
If a customer came into my shop and started spouting ignorance and demanding ink X in his skin, if I were using ink Y that I knew was good, I’d smack said customer silly 🙂

so much anger Arni!! 😉

Plague
Participant
@plague
ArniVidar;92123 wrote:

Don’t get me wrong.. I would never go demanding anything. If at all, I’d only ask what brand inks they use when I check out the place, as long as that wouldn’t go against ettiquette. That’s why I ask on here first cuz I don’t wanna piss people off with ignorance. Always good to find out first and I appreciate ppl’s replies on this forum for that reason.

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904
ArniVidar;92123 wrote:

And said customer finds a lawyer and you’re out of a job. 🙂

ArniVidar
@arnividar
imperial1904;92352 wrote:
And said customer finds a lawyer and you’re out of a job. 🙂

Naw.. in most of the civilized world, the legal system isn’t retarded like it is in the US 🙂

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury
ArniVidar;92399 wrote:
Naw.. in most of the civilized world, the legal system isn’t retarded like it is in the US 🙂

That’s not the only thing in the U.S. that is retarded, unfortunately! 🙂

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904
ArniVidar;92399 wrote:

But how would you know? You’re in Iceland. :confused:
Not disagreeing with you, it is fucked up here lol.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

I agree with ArniVidar. However, I am a bit apprehensive about Intenze inks or any other plastic-based inks. My wife has a tat done almost entirely with Intenze and it just feels strange – it’s like a plastic plate in her leg. That said, I wouldn’t necessarily not get work done if some kick ass artist was using Intenze.

Plague
Participant
@plague
D3FiANC3;92424 wrote:
I agree with ArniVidar. However, I am a bit apprehensive about Intenze inks or any other plastic-based inks. My wife has a tat done almost entirely with Intenze and it just feels strange – it’s like a plastic plate in her leg. That said, I wouldn’t necessarily not get work done if some kick ass artist was using Intenze.

Is that something that’s common in certain shops or areas? never heard of it before. Would a shop only use that or offer it as an alternative?

ArniVidar
@arnividar
D3FiANC3;92424 wrote:
it’s like a plastic plate in her leg

So, it’s raised and hard? You sure it’s not just scarring due to him butchering her skin?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.