Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Ok so I’ve always wanted a chest piece done and I’ve found what i want.

Give me some god honest opinions on it and tell me what you think im thinking most of it black with the roses color’d bright Red.

The artist im going with for this is called Nick Divine. He’s rather new where im from but he’s work is amazing and the best at doing skulls. He’s been tattooing for around 3 years but some of he’s work is amazing.

this is what i want to get done. Will be a lot bigger want actually covering my whole chest.

goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes

Don’t rush in to it. I see you want your chest and arm doing. Do some research take your time and get it right it is not a sprint to get full coverage.

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

The layout is cool but the drawing is crap. Have that thing re-drawn. Then think about getting it done. Do you have any links to the artists other work?

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
goldengraemes;91326 wrote:
Don’t rush in to it. I see you want your chest and arm doing. Do some research take your time and get it right it is not a sprint to get full coverage.

… Im not rushing into it at all.. just because im getting them done close together doesn’t mean i’ve rushed into it I’ve been planning for more than a year now.

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904

I’d change the look of the skulls. I’m getting something similar to that on my left arm as a sleeve or half sleeve… I have other tattoos my artist has to work around.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
WardyInk;91324 wrote:
The artist im going with for this is called Nick Divine. He’s rather new where im from but he’s work is amazing and the best at doing skulls. He’s been tattooing for around 3 years but some of he’s work is amazing.

Please post a link to his work.
As for the design I hate those skulls and not a fan of the style of rose. If it was reworked it could make a nice chest piece.

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

I like it.
Skulls are so subjective. Go witht he style you love.
I can see that design looking great if its done well.
Id like to see your artists work as well.

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

I don’t like the skulls either, but the rest looks decent. I either like really realistic skulls, or I like classic skulls

I searched skull tattoo and found this
modblog-skull.jpg

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Concept is ok I suppose but I agree w/ the above comment that the drawing isn’t particularly good. Check this one out by Tim Kern.

4496251524_cd799c4af2_o.jpg

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

he doesn’t really have a link to he’s work, he just uploads them to there. ill post some pictures of he’s best work if you like wheather or not you believe he did them or not will be like the last persons work i posted 🙂

This Nick is also a close friend of mine as he use to be the manager of the Gym i worked at but quit to take up he’s passion “tattooing”

Jeff1983
Participant
@jeff1983

I like it!!

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

I love the concept idea and can see the piece coming together nicely if it is the right artist for you.

My only suggestions would possibly add more detail to the skulls (seams shadowing cracks or even engraving into the skulls).

I would also beef up the roses a bit more with the petals (personal choice though) and have you considered maybe adding some more old school into it?

The flintlock pistols would actually work very well into the piece or maybe some chain links with a banner that says ‘Eternity and a day’ or similar style of time and endurance.

Looking forward to seeing the work.

Post pics.

Take care
Matthew

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
Sherav;91462 wrote:
Hi

I love the concept idea and can see the piece coming together nicely if it is the right artist for you.

My only suggestions would possibly add more detail to the skulls (seams shadowing cracks or even engraving into the skulls).

I would also beef up the roses a bit more with the petals (personal choice though) and have you considered maybe adding some more old school into it?

The flintlock pistols would actually work very well into the piece or maybe some chain links with a banner that says ‘Eternity and a day’ or similar style of time and endurance.

Looking forward to seeing the work.

Post pics.

Take care
Matthew

Thanks for the reply mate, there will be ALOT more detail being added to it etc. That is just a overall idea to give people a idea of what im getting done 😀

puzzled1
Participant
@puzzled1

Looking good pal! Nice start. Will be great with more detail. I think this would be a good sketch to give to an artist and then let him/her work up a really SICK design from there.

C-los.p
Participant
@c-los-p

Once it’s redrawn a little better it would look sick…are you adding anything else to it?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.