blacksheep
Participant
@blacksheep

that doesn’t allow visible tattoos. I did hair for almost 5 years and my tattoos were allowed to show at every salon I’ve been at. Now I can no longer do hair because of a job related condition I developed..but thats another story. I have an interview for the makeup counters in Dillards tomorrow which include MAC and Clinique. Most MAC counters allow tattoos, even extensive tattoos to show but nooo, not in the small and conservative town I live in. This is going to suck.

How many of you have to hide your tattoos for work? I’m kind of sad about this.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

I would have trouble hiding mine i have my fingers tattoo’s and in september getting a big Side-Neck piece and all of my hands done

blacksheep
Participant
@blacksheep

haha. yeah that would be almost impossible to hide unless you wore a full body suit, gloves included!! You have to wear all black at this job and I have ONE black shirt that covers my chest piece. Guess I’m wearing that everyday until I find more! 😛

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Kinda weird that a make-up counter doesnt allow ink. Most make-up artists i see at malls have tattoos and a lot are covered in ink.

blacksheep
Participant
@blacksheep

yeah, usually. But I live in a small, west Texas town that is extremely conservative. Same town George W. Bush is from ,actually. Some salons don’t even allow visible ink. I get hated on pretty much every day for having tattoos, no exaggeration. I actually had an older woman grab the collar of my shirt and yanked it down past my shoulder, scratching me with her nails in the process and she said ‘why do pretty girls ruin themselves like this?’

So people here reallllly don’t accept ink.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

as soon as you said west texas, all that came thru my head was ” i feel so sorry for you”

blacksheep
Participant
@blacksheep

its pretty un-awesome. Its been on fire a lot lately too which adds to the un-awesomeness.

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904
blacksheep;87777 wrote:
yeah, usually. I actually had an older woman grab the collar of my shirt and yanked it down past my shoulder, scratching me with her nails in the process and she said ‘why do pretty girls ruin themselves like this?’

What the hell??!! 😮

You should of called the cops and called it sexual harassment… cause that’s borderline lol. That’s crazy though, some people just have no home training at all.

blacksheep
Participant
@blacksheep

I was at work, at the front desk checking clients in and out and she came in to get her grandaughter’s hair cut and I was in middle of asking her ‘how can I help you’ when she did that. I was SPEECHLESS!! after she left I was thinking I should have called the cops! Who does that??? I would never touch a stranger in that manner and people seem to think that a tattoo is an open invitation to touch someone they don’t know! I still get mad thinking about it. This was only a few days ago.

Adler
Participant
@adler

So far mine are easily concealed so I don’t worry about it. Good luck with your interview.

neondino
Participant
@neondino
blacksheep;87796 wrote:
I was at work, at the front desk checking clients in and out and she came in to get her grandaughter’s hair cut and I was in middle of asking her ‘how can I help you’ when she did that. I was SPEECHLESS!! after she left I was thinking I should have called the cops! Who does that??? I would never touch a stranger in that manner and people seem to think that a tattoo is an open invitation to touch someone they don’t know! I still get mad thinking about it. This was only a few days ago.

Wow, that is insane. You probably have a lot of good reasons, but I figured I’d ask anyway – why not move? Haha. West Texas is laaaame. Good luck on your interview though, and just to add a nice creeper vibe to my post, you ARE very pretty. (And pretty girls look even prettier with good tattoos!)

ZombieKiller
Participant
@zombiekiller

Ya I have to cover my tattoos for work which is kind of weird because I work in a tattoo shop. I’ve been meaning to ask about it but my boss beats me when I speak to her or any customers which is also weird because I cant sell any tattoos without talking. Get the hell up out of there and come on over to H-Town, at the very least Austin, come be with your own kind.

ithompson
Participant
@ithompson

Psh we all know Dallas is where it’s at 😉 I never had any problems with people saying anything about my tats in Dallas.
But started going to school in a small conservative town in Arkansas, and I run into people who try to crucify me for them on a daily basis.
Was definitely a shift for me, and took a while to find someone to hire me. But thank god for wal-mart I guess cause they gave me a job.

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

I have always had to hide mine. It’s ok, it’s reality for most customer service jobs for now.

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904
ZombieKiller;87807 wrote:
Ya I have to cover my tattoos for work which is kind of weird because I work in a tattoo shop.

That doesn’t make any sense. I’ve never heard of a tattoo shop making their workers cover up their tattoos.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.