Larajoyce
Participant
@larajoyce

Evening all

In total I have 6 tattoos all of which are substantial the average time taken is 6 for a piece. I lve all my work which I have collected.

I am a 30 something woman and am considering a sleeve. Now up until this point in my life have not had a second thought about any of my tattoos until now.

I have been thinking about this new art work for approx 2 years now. I have this all planned out

It amazes me the reaction I get from different generations when I mention my new venture. People in my mothers generation and herself hate the idea and she has actually asked me not to get it done!

Other, work colleagues etc are all for it.

What does the tattoo industry hold in the future? My personal opinion is that tattoos will be more accepted.

At present you do not see many older generation people who are heavily tattooed like the youth of today.

I believe that this will be more accepted as the generations grow up.

I have thought about this in the search for my choice into whether or not I go for my new adventure.

I would love to hear anyone’s opinions on this.

Lj
X

clay1680
@

Your a genius, not to be rude but obviously tattoos will become more acceptable because half of the younger generation has a tattoo/tattoos. and yes go for the sleeve. sorry to sound like a dick but i found it pretty obvious they will only become more accepted

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

With each generation they become more accepted I suppose, but only to a point. Any tats that can’t be easily hidden by clothing are always going to limit employment options and even many companies without official policies may quietly discriminate when it comes time for a promotion. My wife has an ankle tat and her employer sees that as unacceptable so she can’t wear skirts to work. As long as you’re prepared for the possibility of wearing long sleeves to work for the rest of your life, go for it. For me, anywhere below the elbow is off limits not only due to work, but b/c I love the outdoors and anything I get on my forearms would get badly faded in no time.

Frid
Participant
@frid

I really, really don’t see the issue here. This is something you clearly want to get done and means a lot to you – who gives a fuck if it’s ‘accepted’ or not. Just do it and fuck what other people want or class as normal.

Larajoyce
Participant
@larajoyce

Thanks guys for all your comments. They are all relevant and all have excellent points. Thank u x

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

100% with you. The older generation only don’t like tattoo’s because in there day the only people with tattoos really was sailer’s or people who got them for the sake of it to be “hard” (My grandads words not mine)

But if you think about it this way, When we are there age there will be more people with tattoos than without if you ask me.

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

it’s a fad….nobody knows how they will be perceived twenty years from now…..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.