luisiglesias
Participant
@luisiglesias

Hi guys.

I want a tattoo.

I’ve never gotten one before but after seeing many chest pieces, I want one. lol

I’m not sure if this would be good as a first tattoo?

any thoughts on this?

I also want one on my shoulder blade.

btw, would a chest piece look good on a semi built guy? I’ve only ever seen them on skinny guys. I used to be a competitive swimmer and used to lift(Im gonna start up again once summer starts) but now Im wondering if it would look good?

Thanks in advance!

seven8nein
Participant
@seven8nein

for your first one? that’s jumping in at the deep isn’t it? I should have probably taken my own advice but go for your arms first to get you used to the feeling. the chest and ribs aren’t too comfortable trust!!..ribs are worst!

clay1680
@

fuck it go for it. even if its your first go big and get the chest done if you want

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver
luisiglesias;84730 wrote:
would a chest piece look good on a semi built guy? I’ve only ever seen them on skinny guys. I used to be a competitive swimmer and used to lift(Im gonna start up again once summer starts) but now Im wondering if it would look good?
!

hasselhoff01.jpg

luisiglesias
Participant
@luisiglesias
seven8nein;84749 wrote:
for your first one? that’s jumping in at the deep isn’t it? I should have probably taken my own advice but go for your arms first to get you used to the feeling. the chest and ribs aren’t too comfortable trust!!..ribs are worst!

Yeah that’s what I was thinking about going big for the first one, but there’s not really anything that I would like to get done before the chest piece. I mean I want some one my arms and ribs and back, but I was thinking of getting it after. Do you guys know what price ranges for a chest piece will go?

And lmao at the picture. XD

bboarder06
Participant
@bboarder06

my first was a chestpiece. the only good thing about it is that you dont really know what to expect pain-wise going into it so you have nothing to compare it to.
and if you plan on doing your arms too then they will be a breeze. i say go for it, it worked out well for me.
as for pricing, mine was around 1K but im sure they can range above and below that depending on what you get, coverage, and your artists rate.

Bixler
Participant
@bixler

Right on bro, go balls out on your first. It was pretty brutal for me, but everyone has their own pain tolerance. Prices will also range depending out which artist you choose, mine was around 2k. dsfzt.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My “semi-builtness” chestpiece.

seven8nein
Participant
@seven8nein
luisiglesias;84771 wrote:
Yeah that’s what I was thinking about going big for the first one, but there’s not really anything that I would like to get done before the chest piece. I mean I want some one my arms and ribs and back, but I was thinking of getting it after. Do you guys know what price ranges for a chest piece will go?

And lmao at the picture. XD

price obviously depends on how long your in the chair. I guess if your going to go big (thank you Bixlar that is a sick piece) make sure you get it done right..then maybe you wont want to move on too quick. beware of the addiction.

luisiglesias
Participant
@luisiglesias
Bixler;84856 wrote:
Right on bro, go balls out on your first. It was pretty brutal for me, but everyone has their own pain tolerance. Prices will also range depending out which artist you choose, mine was around 2k. dsfzt.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My “semi-builtness” chestpiece.

thanks guys! all of this really helps me.
and blixer that is sick bro.

so now i have a price range how much its gonna, 1k-2k?
because i dont think itll be as much coverage as blixler’s but still a good amount.

another question, how much time should I be looking at it taking for something with a little less colors then blixlers but more colors? just a rough estimate.

Bixler
Participant
@bixler
luisiglesias;84892 wrote:
thanks guys! all of this really helps me.
and blixer that is sick bro.

so now i have a price range how much its gonna, 1k-2k?
because i dont think itll be as much coverage as blixler’s but still a good amount.

another question, how much time should I be looking at it taking for something with a little less colors then blixlers but more colors? just a rough estimate.

i don’t really understand this post. I think you mean less shading than mine, but more color? In any case, every artist works at his/her own pace, my artist Terry Ribera has covered a good portion of my body and works extremely fast compared to most. There’s too many factors to give an estimate considering the fact that you don’t have a piece of reference art. If your going to try and cover your chest to make a true “chest plate”, you’ll be looking at atleast 12 hours. But again, depending on what you want, it could take up to 40 or even more.

My sleeves only took about 30something hours to complete each, but i’ve heard of sleeves taking upwards of 70 hours. There’s too many factors for anyone here to give you any more information than you’ve already got. Get a solid idea, find a solid artist, get a solid tattoo.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

I say unless you dont have an idea of what you want and a good artist in mind, i would wait on the chest piece and start elsewhere.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.