lauram
Participant
@lauram

New to the forum and thinking about the 3 tattoos I have on my arm and how I would like to connect them and put together a sleeve. The idea I’ve had for a long time about this arm is something I consider attractive, cool, etc… Yet, it has no serious meaning/backstory/history etc, just something I’ve always been visually attracted to.
I do not get tattoos for anyone or anything other than myself and my personal satisfaction but when people question me about them – “well, what does it mean?” and I say “nothing really, just something I’ve always liked” is that truly a big deal? I sure as hell know not everyone with a tattoo has some great deep meaning for it so I’m just curious to see what everyone else thinks on this subject.

ETA: There’s a post about this down below. Newbie fail 🙂

downriver
Participant
@downriver

As Long as it looks good, who cares what it means!

albert1500
Participant
@albert1500

we’re on the same boat.

My tattoos dont have deep meaning, they mean something to me because they are my designs and things that i like. otherwise i would probably not have any.

i’m also working on a full sleeve with things i like but just want it to look clean and i’ll be happy.

some pics…

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
downriver;84511 wrote:
As Long as it looks good, who cares what it means!

^^^^This ^^^^

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

The whole idea that tattoos must have some kind of deep personal meaning to be worth getting is something that the general public latched onto after watching shows like Miami Ink, LA Ink, etc. In reality, the meaning behind a tattoo is completely secondary to how it looks. And thats if the tattoo has any meaning at all.

Theres nothing wrong with going out and getting a great looking sugar skull (for example) just because you think they look awesome. If it was a really badly done sugar skull that a had a deep, personal meaning to you, it would still be a really crappy tattoo. Having a meaning behind it doesnt automatically make it better.

Post pics of your tattoos btw!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
albert1500;84513 wrote:
some pics…

Way to steal a thread

ArniVidar
@arnividar
albert1500;84513 wrote:
some pics…

How about you keep pics of your tattoos in your own threads?

seven8nein
Participant
@seven8nein

personal meaning; some of mine look like shit! I’ve still got one that I refuse to have redone from when I was 15!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.