annika27
@

i am doing a study for my gender studies class. if you are interested in helping, just answer these questiosn. thanks so much!
Place of Residence:
Place of Employment:
Job Title:
-Are you slightly, moderately, or heavily tattooed?
-Do you feel your tattoos make you more attractive?
-Are tattoos common in your family?
-Does your significant other have tattoos?
-Do your family and friends you see on a regular basis have tattoos?
-Has anyone tried to discourage you from getting a tattoo?
-Do you feel your family or friends started to treat you differently after you got your first tattoo? If so, how?
-Do you feel you have ever been turned down for a job because of your tattoos?
-Do you have to cover your tattoos at work?
-Have you received negative comments:
at school/work/other
Examples:
-Have you had any tattoos removed? If so, why?
-On your average day (work, grocery shopping, etc.) do you feel people treat you differently because you are tattooed? Explain.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Wow your fast at making the rounds of all the tattoo forums

board_riider
Participant
@board_riider

Place of Residence:Edmonton, AB
Place of Employment:stay at home mom/hair stylist on the side
Job Title:see above
-Are you slightly, moderately, or heavily tattooed?moderately
-Do you feel your tattoos make you more attractive?certainly do.
-Are tattoos common in your family?not at all
-Does your significant other have tattoos?just 2
-Do your family and friends you see on a regular basis have tattoos?not really, no
-Has anyone tried to discourage you from getting a tattoo?many times, all the time
-Do you feel your family or friends started to treat you differently after you got your first tattoo? If so, how? certain members of my family look down on it, as being “cheap” or…not being feminine, etc…i just don’t worry about it, it’s my body and i do with it as i please..
-Do you feel you have ever been turned down for a job because of your tattoos? no, haven’t necessarily tried to find too many jobs though since havint them, so it’s a tough one to answer.
-Do you have to cover your tattoos at work?when i work from home obviously not, in the salon i didn’t either, even though my boss probably would’ve liked me to.
-Have you received negative comments:only a few, most comments are positive.
at school/work/other
Examples: “Isn’t that a bit too big for you?”(regarding my half sleeve) “Why would you do that? Thnk of what you’ll look like when you’re old” etc etc.
-Have you had any tattoos removed? If so, why? No, and nor would I ever.
-On your average day (work, grocery shopping, etc.) do you feel people treat you differently because you are tattooed?Yes, sometimes.
Explain: When walking with my three year old daughter, sometimes I feel like people judge me, as to why would I have tattoos when I’m a mom, stuff like that. People stare, and you know that they dislike it, others will stare to see the artwork and then ask about it…but I really don’t care what people think. My body, my ink.

crossatwood
Participant
@crossatwood

Place of Residence: ME
Place of Employment: NorthStar EMS
Job Title: WEMT-B
-Are you slightly, moderately, or heavily tattooed? slightly
-Do you feel your tattoos make you more attractive? No makes no difference
-Are tattoos common in your family? There are a few but not a lot.
-Does your significant other have tattoos? No
-Do your family and friends you see on a regular basis have tattoos? One or two of them do but mostly no
-Has anyone tried to discourage you from getting a tattoo? yes
-Do you feel your family or friends started to treat you differently after you got your first tattoo? If so, how? Not really the initial disappointment from my mom and grandmother lasted all of 10 min then they were over it.
-Do you feel you have ever been turned down for a job because of your tattoos? No they are all covered by a tshirt
-Do you have to cover your tattoos at work? Yes policy is to cover tats at my company.
-Have you received negative comments: yes sort of family questioned why i got ink but other than that no.
at school/work/other
Examples: no
-Have you had any tattoos removed? If so, why? no
-On your average day (work, grocery shopping, etc.) do you feel people treat you differently because you are tattooed? Explain. No. Generally unless it is a hot summer day you can’t see my tats and if people do the only difference in treatment might be asking their meaning or complimenting them no weird looks or snubs that i’v experienced.

Lucifer
Participant
@lucifer
annika27;82867 wrote:
i am doing a study for my gender studies class. if you are interested in helping, just answer these questiosn. thanks so much!
Place of Residence: Midland, ON Canada
Place of Employment: Elite Fitness
Job Title: Owner/Personal Trainer
-Are you slightly, moderately, or heavily tattooed? Moderately (entire back piece, forearm, hip)
-Do you feel your tattoos make you more attractive? Don’t care what anyone else thinks, i like ’em, they make me feel good!
-Are tattoos common in your family? No
-Does your significant other have tattoos? Yes
-Do your family and friends you see on a regular basis have tattoos? No
-Has anyone tried to discourage you from getting a tattoo? Yes
-Do you feel your family or friends started to treat you differently after you got your first tattoo? If so, how? No, the tattoo does not change me and I dont judge them cuz they dont have a tattoo!
-Do you feel you have ever been turned down for a job because of your tattoos? No
-Do you have to cover your tattoos at work? No
-Have you received negative comments: A few, but everyone is entitled to their opinion
at school/work/other
Examples: not understanding why i get them but it is body manipulation and that is what i do all day – manipulate peoples bodies into better beings, it is just at a different level
-On your average day (work, grocery shopping, etc.) do you feel people treat you differently because you are tattooed? Explain.

Guys check me out more and girls, they tend to be envious

Danni
Participant
@danni

Place of Residence: Columbus Ohio
Place of Employment:Walmart
Job Title:Pharmacy technician
-Are you slightly, moderately, or heavily tattooed? Slightly
-Do you feel your tattoos make you more attractive? Yes.
-Are tattoos common in your family? No
-Does your significant other have tattoos? Yes
-Do your family and friends you see on a regular basis have tattoos? Nope
-Has anyone tried to discourage you from getting a tattoo? Yes, many times.
-Do you feel your family or friends started to treat you differently after you got your first tattoo? If so, how? No.
-Do you feel you have ever been turned down for a job because of your tattoos? No, the industry im going into is okay with tattoos for the most part (cosmetology)
-Do you have to cover your tattoos at work? No
-Have you received negative comments: Yes- (Hows that going to look if you ever get pregnant, or when you’re old? are the main comments.
Examples:
-On your average day (work, grocery shopping, etc.) do you feel people treat you differently because you are tattooed? Explain. No. For now though, during the winter you cant see my tats. In the summer, i notice people looking at them but I dont feel like im treated differently.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.