DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

Today I’ve been given the go-ahead by my mentor that I can start tattooing live people! I’ve been tattooing fake skin for a while now. I’m interested to find out how much different it feels to tattoo real skin. I’m also pretty nervous. This will mark a new chapter in my life, something that I’ve wanted to do for 14 years. It’s been a long and arduous journey and there is still so much more to accomplish. Wish me luck.

Adler
Participant
@adler

Congrats and good luck. Nice to see you’ve made the commitment and you’re going about things the right way.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Congratulations are you doing yourself first? Post up a picture of your first.

clay1680
@

Nice work man, hope that shit works out well

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

I’ll probably put a “mom” heart on my leg. I don’t know if I should post pictures for a while. The quality most likely won’t be as great as I want. I don’t want to hurt my reputation before I have one. If it turns out halfway decent I might post it. I’ll also be tattooing some friends with simple small designs for a while. I drew up a dead cockroach for a friend. That will probably be the first on a person other than me.

jsimpson4
Participant
@jsimpson4

Awesome David. I wish you luck. I just visited the website and it’s a very nice site.

Tajen
Participant
@tajen

Good luck to you!

Aussie Tom
Participant
@aussie-tom
DavidJednat;82305 wrote:
I’ll probably put a “mom” heart on my leg. I don’t know if I should post pictures for a while. The quality most likely won’t be as great as I want. I don’t want to hurt my reputation before I have one. If it turns out halfway decent I might post it. I’ll also be tattooing some friends with simple small designs for a while. I drew up a dead cockroach for a friend. That will probably be the first on a person other than me.

Would be nothing to be ashamed of. All great artists have to start somewhere. If you’re learning in a clean, respectable shop from the right people then you’re on the right track!

Brian@Inkbox
Participant
@brianinkbox

Congratulations! I remember how I felt the day I put on my first tattoo. If all you have done is fake skins, have they ever had you do pigs ears? Its as close as it gets, as far as blowouts and holding ink, and just like a person you can chew it up pretty bad too. Post a pic of your first, no matter how it looks…keep in mind you are in a forum full of pro’s too, so the critisism and the pointers are what a seed needs right now to grow. Dont be intimidated with the design you get, just see it as “it has to be done like this”. Just do it. Dont be afraid to show anyone, what you are learning to do. Good luck, and keep us posted….B.

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

I’m still waiting for the Health Department guy to get to the shop to take my test and get licensed. In the meantime here are some tattoos I’ve done on synthetic skin. I’ve been told it’s much easier to tattoo real skin so my lines shouldn’t look so sloppy and color filling, shading, and blending should be better as well. I know I have a long road ahead of me and I’m practicing all the time. It just feels like I’m learning to draw and paint all over again. Totally different.

c6dfd535.jpg

b5d4978b.jpg

2ef9ddf9.jpg

9e0cdaaa.jpg

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Looks great man keep it up.

Danni
Participant
@danni

Looks good, congrats. ๐Ÿ™‚

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Aren’t the pig-ears and pig-legs and stuff like that more similar to human skin? I think I read somewhere about someone who bought the whole thing.. ate the meat and experimented on the skin ๐Ÿ™‚

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

I realize the benefits of working with pig skin but I am hesitant to tattoo dead flesh in my work station. I have all the proper surface disinfectants but it still feels like I would be pushing it. I try to maintain a clean and sterile environment. I’ll double check with my mentor.

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

Congratulations!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ Looks like you’re of to a good start ^^

And creds for being so concerned with hygine ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.