shaggs2riches
Participant
@shaggs2riches

I’m wanting to get the quote “Gain The World, Lose Your Soul” inked, but having trouble deciding where to put it. I’m thinking that it I will put it on one or both of my legs. I’m wanting to put it in two lines, but looking for opinions on how to put it. My ideas are:

left thigh from bottom to top
right thigh from top to bottom
First line on left thigh bottom to top/ second line on right thigh top to bottom

I’m also looking for ideas on a font to use. What do you guys think????

Thanks

Adler
Participant
@adler

Best place for that is on a T-shirt, any font should do. 😀

Brian@Inkbox
Participant
@brianinkbox

My belief, is to get with your artist, find a font and depending on size of font and placement, it may affect the price of the piece. Also look at their portfolio at the lettering they do. Dont be afraid to ask for a spacific artist if you like their lettering work. Placement of the piece, is totally up to you, do you want it seen, not seen, or on the legs only to be seen in the summer. Myself, I do not care for font tattoos, as they tend to hinder any future plans to work into a sleeve or a design. They are also a bitch to find a cover for, because most people think they know what they want as a cover, and it usually may be a piss poor choice. But, as you are probably doing your legs, i would suggest all the script mabye on the calf of one leg, depending on if you are planning more leg tattoo’s it wont hinder placement of a more artistic piece.

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver
Adler;81642 wrote:
Best place for that is on a T-shirt, any font should do. 😀

this……………

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

You should have it done on a post-it note and keep it in your pocket.

shaggs2riches
Participant
@shaggs2riches

Well its a personal thing about my life so it belongs on more than a t-shirt. For you guys maybe not and that’s fine. I’m looking for ideas on how to have it inked not how to have it silk screened 🙂

Adler
Participant
@adler

Well I definitely wouldn’t put it on two legs. Or of course you can also come up with a more artistically creative design to represent the words and the personal thing in your life rather than just some boring script.

shaggs2riches
Participant
@shaggs2riches

Actually I’ve been thinking of this too. Something that represents the same thing as the words. To sum it up I watched a few people around me become successful. When they got to a high point they gave up on their values, alienated friends, abandoned family. They had everything they wanted, and took it for granted. Some of them are worse off than when they started. I found myself leading down that road and have been working to change that. Basically I want to represent that I let my life get out of control and won’t let it happen again……..er or something along those lines. I’d still want to do it on one of my legs, but a picture or series of pictures to tell the story does sound nicer. Any thoughts or ideas. If I go that route I will end up looking and waiting till I can get an exceptional artist to do the work. Also if I did the theme I’d look to cover the whole lower leg.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.