lvus4ed
Participant
@lvus4ed

I have 7 tattoos at the minute and im just getting booked in for my next one and recently ive been wondering about “copying” other tattoo, of my 7 tattoos only 1 is truely my own idea, the other 6 tattoos are ones that i cam across and just really liked. I guess what im wondering is do most people design there own tattoos or are they kinda like myself?

albert1500
Participant
@albert1500

i have designed mine but they also have the tattoo artists touch to them, but mine are all my ideas

if i came across something i liked i would i at least change it up to make it my own.

Jacs_024
Participant
@jacs_024

i have 4 tattoos, two i just picked off a sheet (one was when i was really young and the other was for charity so there wasnt any wiggle room to design since loads of people were gettin tattoo’s), one of them i designed myself, but the artist put his input to it to make it a bit of a better design and my most recent one i just gave the artist a very very vague idea and let him come up with something and I am so glad i did coz its my favourite tattoo of them all – goin back to him and doin the same thing. im so much more proud of it than the rest! lol even though its the only one hidden (on my ribs)

Tajen
Participant
@tajen

3 of mine, gave the artist pretty specific ideas about exactly what I wanted. Ironically, those 3 are now my least favorite! My most recent 3, I gave the artist a very vague idea (hummingbird, flowers, GO!) and he created beautiful works of art.

Aahzz
Participant
@aahzz

One of mine is very much my concept, but I still just gave the artist a vague sketch and told her to have fun with it. The other is a design from a T-shirt that I wanted to stick fairly close, but still told her to interpret it. It came out WAY better than the shirt :).

I’d never copy someone else’s ink completely, but I would suggest it as part of a concept to an arist – more of an “I like this design, what can you do that’s similar” type of thing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.