Brian@Inkbox
Participant
@brianinkbox

I guess this is more of a rant for opinions more than anything else, lol. Anyway, I have noticed a lot here lately that more and more people are takeing pictures on their cell phones, and bringing them to our shop. WTF…you want a estimate on price, and you want the tattoo, thats clear, but come on! IF YOU WANT IT THAT BAD…PRINT THE PICTURE!!! I figure that if the image that people want is good enough to put on your cell phone, and you have to have it…print the G@d damn thing out the size you want and go to the tattoo shop. Don’t assume they have the ability to get the damn thing off that little screen! Luckily our shop manager is good enough to let everyone fill up his phone with texted images, and then is able to hook it up to his laptop! If not, we are not radio shack, and do not have the phone cords to plug up everyones phones to our computers! Before I apprenticed, and I wanted a picture, I sized it right and brought a copy of what I wanted to the shop for a damn tattoo right then. But now, you got three or four customers lined up because someone just out of high school, cell phone user, wants a price on a picture of a blur on a one and a half inch screen!!! Well guys, thanks for letting me vent, and please give me some feedback on this, so that I may be rest assured that I am not the only one that sees this as stupidity! Thanks….B.

stubarber
Participant
@stubarber

You should tattoo a celphone onto their body – with the desired image inside of the screen.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
stubarber;81142 wrote:
You should tattoo a celphone onto their body – with the desired image inside of the screen.

^ this
(insert random filler to meet the 10 character minimum)

Brian@Inkbox
Participant
@brianinkbox

Ha ha ha…they do deserve it after bringing the damn things in like that, lol. I guess I could get it pretty close with a single needle,lol.

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

Your shop needs to step up into the 21 century, bro. Every shop should have some kind of computer and scanner. From my phone I can send any file to any email, change formats and print. Really shouldn’t be an issue for a smat guy like you. I know you have a computer and internet.

Adler
Participant
@adler
xxTOPDOGxx;81237 wrote:
Your shop needs to step up into the 21 century, bro. Every shop should have some kind of computer and scanner. From my phone I can send any file to any email, change formats and print. Really shouldn’t be an issue for a smat guy like you. I know you have a computer and internet.

I actually agree with the OP on this one. It shouldn’t be the artist’s responsibility to be scanning and copying images from a client’s cell phone. Print your own photos and bring them as reference and then the artist can scan and resize if needed, screw all this cell phone crap.

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

Look, it all boils down to being professional and if you want to be a legitimate business, these are the things you need to do.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.