guitarguy1
Participant
@guitarguy1

Hey folks, Im looking around for designs that I like. Im really into the koi fish, but everybody and their sister has them, so they’ve lost there meaning, at least to me. Im trying to find either truly unique koi drawings instead of the usual flash type stuff.

Im either looking for that or for something that is intricate but “functional”, In not wanting the intricate Celtic sort of stuff. It’s nice, but not my thing. I like the art side of things.

Any suggestions or links are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

vaglocker
Participant
@vaglocker
guitarguy1;80974 wrote:
Hey folks, Im looking around for designs that I like. Im really into the koi fish, but everybody and their sister has them, so they’ve lost there meaning, at least to me. Im trying to find either truly unique koi drawings instead of the usual flash type stuff.

Im either looking for that or for something that is intricate but “functional”, In not wanting the intricate Celtic sort of stuff. It’s nice, but not my thing. I like the art side of things.

What meaning did they have for you that is now lost? If you want a koi get it. The reason you see a lot of them is because it’s a traditional image in japanese style tattooing just as an anchor is a traditional image in the old school style. A really well done japanese style koi, or old school anchor tattoo for that matter will always look great/timeless regardless of whether they happen to be popular or not. Of course all bets are off it you artist is shit.:D

Adler
Participant
@adler
vaglocker;81315 wrote:
What meaning did they have for you that is now lost? If you want a koi get it. The reason you see a lot of them is because it’s a traditional image in japanese style tattooing just as an anchor is a traditional image in the old school style. A really well done japanese style koi, or old school anchor tattoo for that matter will always look great/timeless regardless of whether they happen to be popular or not. Of course all bets are off it you artist is shit.:D

I think that’s pretty well said.

guitarguy1
Participant
@guitarguy1

It just seems like everyone has the koi. I want to do something different. I dont want people to see my stuff and be thinking that im just another jackass with money to burn and no free thought, just following the crowd.

pberge
Participant
@pberge
guitarguy1;81335 wrote:
It just seems like everyone has the koi. I want to do something different. I dont want people to see my stuff and be thinking that im just another jackass with money to burn and no free thought, just following the crowd.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there are lots of people out there that will think that by getting any tattoos you are just another jackass with money to burn and following the crowd, it doesn’t really matter what it is. So, do yourself a favor and get what you want and stop worrying about what other people will think.

People that know tattoos will recognize the Koi for what it is and what it represents. But as I have found out, the average person walking the street has no idea what a Koi is and see it simply as a fish. I have been asked on multiple occasions if I was a fisherman since I got my Koi. I have educated quite a few people about the legend and meaning behind the Koi.

Adler
Participant
@adler
guitarguy1;81335 wrote:

I get what you’re saying but you can’t make important decisions based on waht others might think. If it’s something youwant then do it. Otherwise, take a poll to see waht the majority of people think you should get and then do that to make them happy. This is for you, not others. Like someone above said, just make sure you go to a real good artist and you’ll be fine.

Bixler
Participant
@bixler
guitarguy1;81335 wrote:

Well by coming and asking a group of complete strangers for ideas to mark YOUR body, you do seem like someone lacking free thought. It seems like you want a tattoo just to have one, because you have nothing original in mind. Therefore you are indeed following the crowd.

guitarguy1
Participant
@guitarguy1
Bixler;81346 wrote:
Well by coming and asking a group of complete strangers for ideas to mark YOUR body, you do seem like someone lacking free thought. It seems like you want a tattoo just to have one, because you have nothing original in mind. Therefore you are indeed following the crowd.

i never said that what was suggested to me would be going on me without thought or that I wouldnt take the ideas and change things to suit what I like. Im looking for ideas. im sorry that your such an asshole that instead of helping someone who wants help with something important to them, you’d rather be a prick whos only interested in upping his post count

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

Dude if you really want the koi just get it. If you care that much about what the average person thinks than you are not ready for a tattoo period.

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw

I want a koi :D. I need to find a decent Japanese inspired artist in the Tampa area… And then I need to think if I want it to be a piece or a sleeve :o.

Bixler
Participant
@bixler
guitarguy1;81359 wrote:
i never said that what was suggested to me would be going on me without thought or that I wouldnt take the ideas and change things to suit what I like. Im looking for ideas. im sorry that your such an asshole that instead of helping someone who wants help with something important to them, you’d rather be a prick whos only interested in upping his post count

Wipe the sand out of your vagina bro. But only do it with one hand, so you can use the other to surf the web and look up artists in your area or god forbid google “realistic Koi”. Jesus man, it’s not rocket science. You obviously have internet access, yet your asking people that know nothing about you, to give YOU ideas. Do you think people on this message board have a secret stockade of ideas for tattoos for you, that we’re not sharing? Go find a good Japanese artist, wipe the tears from your face, and eat a sandwich.

Adler
Participant
@adler
guitarguy1;81359 wrote:

Do you really think people give a damn about post count? Do we get a prize or something for higher post count? C’mon, you’re getting honest opinions without any sugar coating but you don’t seem to want to hear it. There’s only so much we can say and only so much help we can provide, take it or leave it.

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw
Adler;81417 wrote:
Do you really think people give a damn about post count? Do we get a prize or something for higher post count? C’mon, you’re getting honest opinions without any sugar coating but you don’t seem to want to hear it. There’s only so much we can say and only so much help we can provide, take it or leave it.

Good way to hide the free Xbox 720 we win if we hit 1,000,000 posts.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka
maniacthw;81377 wrote:
I want a koi :D. I need to find a decent Japanese inspired artist in the Tampa area… And then I need to think if I want it to be a piece or a sleeve :o.

phil holt @ red letter 1?

RideRick
Participant
@riderick
guitarguy1;80974 wrote:

Not everybody is you 😉

Check this one.

http://www.kingcarlostattoo.com

for inspiration and new ideas..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.