AlphaAndOmega
@

I planned on getting my first tattoo in a few months when I turn 18… Probably the most influential thing in my life is my Siberian Husky and for those who don’t know what that is it’s a dog that is the closest breed to the wolf. I planned on getting a tattoo in memory of him. What I was thinkin was having maybe like a tribal type design on my right upper arm and inside of it have a wolf / husky face gazing deeply. Maybe not have the full face showing possibly some of the tribal going over some of it. But having the wolf / huskies eyes be a really heavy blue to make the gaze even more powerful, and maybe a light bit of smoke coming from the nostrils… I was also thinking of having a quote or saying above or below it…. Do you all think it would look better with or without any words? I was also debating if the rest of inside the tribal should just have a black background or maybe a starry night background or should I just make the wolf / husky head fill the entire tribal kind of like a close up on the face? Any help is really appreciated ,thanks…..

RanWal
Participant
@ranwal

im no expert, but i think the words would kill it.

stubarber
Participant
@stubarber

You’re not going to find much love from most of us for either tribal or words.

We have seen some awesome realism styled wolf tattoos. If that’s what you want I would recommend finding an artist that specializes in that type of artwork. Realism and tribal are pretty much opposite sides of the spectrum.

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

chinese-wolf-symbol-tattoo.jpg

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Words would ruin it and mixing the tribal with the realistic (which you would need to go for, if you’d want your vision to be worth anything) would detract from it to a point it could be completely ruined.

Reefdiver’s example, for example, shows how it just doesn’t work together (apart from both wolf and tribal being rubbish)

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

You should totally get that

Fear742
Participant
@fear742

Switch the tribal design to something of maybe trees or branches? Add the wilderness concept since you’re going for the wolf/husky theme.

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

Been done a million times. Pass. Try coming up with something original.

Jacs_024
Participant
@jacs_024

definitely no tribal with it i think. it would be too harsh and bold with the wolf, when you want the wolf to be the focal point

flyangler
Participant
@flyangler

That tattoo sounds about right for a 18 year old. Give it a go.

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

Get an amazing portrait/realism artist, and ditch the tribal and words, those will just clutter it up and look.. unpleasent.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.