coolbeans23
Participant
@coolbeans23

Hey I got part of my tattoo colored in about 3 weeks ago on the inner arm (it’s purple/mostly red/orange), but if you look really close (or when the sun hits it) the skin is cracked, and it’s shiny. Also it still feels slightly raw, even though it’s been 3 weeks, close to 4. I’m not gonna lie, I peeled most of it, but I wasn’t like feverishly scratching/picking it or anything like that.

I have almost a full sleeve (which I also peeled in the past, and nothing happened), so I’m just wondering did I happen to get unlucky and screw up my tattoo, or is it still healing? I hear red takes longer to heal, and also the area of the arm is more fatty. It’s been about a year since I last got tattood, so I can’t really remember how the process went, but all of my tattoos, which I all previously peeled, are all fine.

Please tell me it’s still healing… although it’s been 3 weeks! :X I’m kinda spazzing out. :confused:

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

worthless.gif

coolbeans23
Participant
@coolbeans23

http://www.thetattooforum.com/album.php?albumid=4041&pictureid=8666

-.-“

It looks fine if you’re looking at it even like 2 feet away, but since it’s right in my underarm and I can see really close, that’s basically what I see (moreso when the sun shines on it)

It’s obviously enlarged because of the high pixels though, is it too big or should I take another picture?

Bixler
Participant
@bixler

i cannot tell at all what’s going on with that picture. Could you post a better one? As you stated earlier some people do have alergies to red ink, and it heals odd. I have red in my ribs and although i didn’t have any weird reactions to the ink, it healed differently. It got that same kind of glossy look and took a couple extra days to start looking normal. It takes about 2 weeks for me to heal a large scaled tattoo anyways, and with my ribs it guess it was about 3 weeks until the red looked right. I don’t think you have anything to worry about bro.

Bixler
Participant
@bixler

on a second look at the shitty picture you posted, it kind of looks like the color is falling out.

coolbeans23
Participant
@coolbeans23

Sorry, here’s a decent pic. It was only 1 session though, so it still needs to be shaded in more, but I’m just worried about the cracking/shining, cause the majority of the peeling/cracking already happened and fell off, but it seems like there’s still more even though it’s been weeks.

http://www.thetattooforum.com/album.php?albumid=4041&pictureid=8666

Basically I just hope it’s not scarred… cause if the color goes in weird it can always get touched up.

Joshy
Participant
@joshy

Try using skin cream (E45) for a few more days! I’ve had tattoos like that and they end up okay!

suzridesahog
Participant
@suzridesahog

I believe I have read that when the tattoo is shiny it means the skin is still healing. Give it a couple more weeks. The inner arm gets a lot of friction and may take longer to heal.

coolbeans23
Participant
@coolbeans23
suzridesahog;79984 wrote:
I believe I have read that when the tattoo is shiny it means the skin is still healing. Give it a couple more weeks. The inner arm gets a lot of friction and may take longer to heal.

Thank you, and everyone else for the replies. It’s gonna help me sleep a lot easier. lol

^_^

Joshy
Participant
@joshy
coolbeans23;79986 wrote:
Thank you, and everyone else for the replies. It’s gonna help me sleep a lot easier. lol

^_^

No worrys mate, like i said, keep using the e45 cream and it will get better!

Adler
Participant
@adler

Yeah, be patient and don’t over moisturize. My reds were very slow to fully heal, too.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.