JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx

I have a Grateful Dead dancing bear on my ankle…. got it on a whim 20 years ago when I was 17. I don’t regret getting a tatt… just wish I’d have picked something that would have had either more lasting meaning for me, or no meaning at all. So yeah, I’m thinking any band related stuff has to be up there on the “should’ve thought harder” list. 😮

Anyone want to share any tatts they now regret?

Bixler
Participant
@bixler

I have hieroglyphics from the philippines on my shoulder blades. It’s the only real “meaningful” tattoo i have, got them the day i turned 18. It’s cool to have something to represent my heritage but i wish i would have placed them differently. They will probably end up being covered when i decided to start a full back piece.

suzridesahog
Participant
@suzridesahog

I have a small sun on my ankle that I should have gone to a better artist to have done.

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

Me and my wife got these matching tattoos for our thrid wedding anniversery. Our marriage was already in trouble, and by doing this, it was my promise to my wife I was dedicated to working our our problems.

We’ve been divorced for a year and a half. Bright side–we limped along for two years AFTER this tattoo, totally making each other miserable.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx

Looks like I’m far from alone on oops scale.

Bixler.. yeah, I’m deciding on placement for my next one now. It’s been a process because I just don’t want to regret putting it on my arm and wish it was the leg or vice versa.

Suz… I definitely made the bad artist mistake too. Well, not bad, but not great either.

KH… WOW… that’s regrettable for sure, BUT at least you didn’t do names and initials. Someone that doesn’t know you might not think it had anything to do with a personal relationship.

stubarber
Participant
@stubarber

I’ve already covered up the only one I regreted getting, but more over I regret the uneducated process by which several of my tattoos were chosen and done years ago. Poor planning. Helter skelter placement. On top of that I thought my artwork was as good as or better than the next guy, and I made the mistake of thinking some random tattooist was going to be capable of or interesting in reproducing it on my skin.

It’s absolutely fantastic that forums like these exist today. Research capabilities in today’s world leave no excuses for lousy tattoos.

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk
JENerationX;79877 wrote:
Looks like I’m far from alone on oops scale.

KH… WOW… that’s regrettable for sure, BUT at least you didn’t do names and initials. Someone that doesn’t know you might not think it had anything to do with a personal relationship.

Nah, Jen X, you definitely ain’t alone.

My wife wanted to get our spouse’s name tattooed on our ring fingers, but since I wore my wedding right 24/7, and worked in an office, I said no. Also, I’m an atheist and am not superstitious, but even so, name tattoos are bad fucking juju. The zombies kissing was our compromise.

Tell you one thing though, my current girlfriend, who oddly enough I met on Tattoo Forums, knows exactly what it is and wants me to have it edited when I get my next piece of ink at the end of next month. She wants the words gone. Since I’ve considered doing exactly that a couple dozen times, eventually doing nothing out of apathy, it’s no biggie.

Not like the thing can be fucking covered anyway.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Despoina
Participant
@despoina

i don’t exactly regret for my first tattoo but sometimes i am thinking that i could choose a better design.
Its a small rose on my chest.

Rider68
Participant
@rider68

My first tattoo was a Celtic cross. I don’t regret the tattoo, but the size and placement of it. It’s about 5″x7″ on my bicep. Now I want a half sleeve, but there’s not much room left on the outside of my arm.

Adler
Participant
@adler

I have a pretty big panther on my back that’s done pretty well but now that I know more and have seen other styles I think I would have had it done differently.

RNB972
Participant
@rnb972

i got my now ex-girlfriend’s “kiss” on my hip just when i turned 18 which i’m now in the process of designing a cover up for!! oops! we were together nearly 5 years though in my defence!

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx

Wow… add significant other’s lip marks to things I’ll never have tattooed on me

Stutter
Participant
@stutter

I don’t regret any tattoos I have. Although Sometimes I wish I could get tattooed all over again three or four times.

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

Dont regret any of mine. I did have tiny butterfly (literally a stick of butter with wings) on my left arm, but was eventually covered over with my sleeve on that arm. Im glad i dont regret any, because nearly all of mine are large pieces that would be impossible to cover without massive amounts of lasering.

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx

LOL……. Wish I could see the stick of butter. That’s classic.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.