showskiers2488
Participant
@showskiers2488

Just been thinking about getting a tattoo for my family. It would be my first tattoo. I am just looking for some help to find a unique design. It could be a symbol, the word “family” in a cool font, a different language, pretty much anything you can think of! Any Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Adler
Participant
@adler

So you want a bunch of strangers to come up with a unique symbol to represent YOUR family? Wow, I really don’t know what else to say. Let me ask you this, would you be able to come up with something to symbolize MY family?

Tajen
Participant
@tajen

YOU have to do your own homework. A custom tattoo is not designed in 5 minutes. I take literally MONTHS to figure out my next tattoo. And sometines I go back and forth on what I want.

What do you want on your body? Search BING for pictures. Reserach different fonts. Look up “family” in other languages. What does your family mean to you? What best symbolizes that? Good luck!

showskiers2488
Participant
@showskiers2488

Thank you Tajen for your HELPFUL response. I know its going to take some time to figure this out.

Tajen
Participant
@tajen
showskiers2488;79197 wrote:
Thank you Tajen for your HELPFUL response. I know its going to take some time to figure this out.

It can be very intimidating when trying to decide what/where for your first. My motto is “Go big or Go Home” lol. My absolute very best advice is to RESEARCH your ARTIST. Tattoos are expensive. Plan to spend between $100-$200 an hour. Do NOT bargain shop. Google tattoo studios in your area, then search for any reviews. Look at the online portfolios and go with an artist that looks amazing to you.

Once you pick an artist, if you get even just a vague idea of what you want, a good artist should be able to take your idea and run with it and turn it into something you never even thought of.

showskiers2488
Participant
@showskiers2488

It is probably best to figure out what i want to get before I decide where I want it right? I have no clue about this stuff!! haha I already know where I want to get it done at. My friend and his family members have a lot of tattoo’s and go to this place and get the same artist. I have been there and seen his work. He is the guy I would want be my artist for my tattoo.

Tajen
Participant
@tajen

It depends. I know I want my final tattoo on the inside of my forearm, so I’m designing the tattoo to fit the area. But my last tattoo, I knew what I wanted for the tattoo, so we put that one where it fit, lol!

Depends on what you’re feeling more heavily; placement, or design? I look at so many pictures when I’m planning a tattoo, it makes my eyes cross! Many times a tattoo is just a vague idea, and then it finally starts to gel and come together the more you look at pics. If you already know who you’re using, you can set up a consultation with him and see what he has to say. I look at a lot of pics of other tattoos as well, but would never rip off someone else’s tattoo; I just like to get differeent ideas about placement, etc.

showskiers2488
Participant
@showskiers2488

yeah thats true. ill have to look at a lot of different pictures for ideas about placement. I think if i come up with a vague idea or something and bring it to the guy I want to do it and say these are my ideas and see what he comes up with..

Adler
Participant
@adler

OK, I’ll try to be a little nicer although I stand by my first post. Tajen gave some good advice, come up with something if you can that represents your family as a whole, such as a shared hobby or interest. You want to be careful not to combine a bunch of individual elements which will make the piece too busy and cluttered. You also have to decide on your priority of placement or design. For someone with no other tattoos it may be easier to come up with the design first, then fit it to a body area. If you’re really certatin about where you want it up front, fitting a design to that area may be more challenging. If you can, post up a link to the artist’s work for some honest critique. Depending on what you come up with, the artist you have in mind may not be the best choice. Better?

showskiers2488
Participant
@showskiers2488

http://digitaldesignsandpc.com/a1tattoo/index.php?option=com_easygallery&act=categories&cid=20&Itemid=26

That should direct you right to his artwork. If not from the home page click on A-1 artists galleries and click on Mike. I am getting good advice I appreciate it. I literally just stated thinking about getting a tattoo in the last few days so I really have a lot of thinking to do.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
showskiers2488;79209 wrote:
http://digitaldesignsandpc.com/a1tattoo/index.php?option=com_easygallery&act=categories&cid=20&Itemid=26

That should direct you right to his artwork. If not from the home page click on A-1 artists galleries and click on Mike. I am getting good advice I appreciate it. I literally just stated thinking about getting a tattoo in the last few days so I really have a lot of thinking to do.

Run away fast! pretty crappy work
1213164408_angels_mikev.jpg

showskiers2488
Participant
@showskiers2488

yeah his artwork looks really bad online. I am definitely open to different places. I live in Minneapolis, MN so I am sure there are a lot of really good places to go here!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.