theresa92
@

I recently just turned 18. I want a tattoo that has personal meaning. I really like the saying “Don’t judge someone unless you have walked in their shoes”(That saying pretty much encompasses my values).

Anyway…I designed a tattoo that would represent this saying. Here it is http://oi51.tinypic.com/2h4dp9d.jpg
I’m going to have the tattoo artist touch it up, because some parts(like the shoes)look a little awkward.

But my question is…what do you think of this tattoo? What would be a good place to get it?(I was thinking my upper back near my shoulder blade. I want it in a place that I can cover up for a job)

BUT most importantly…how much do you think this tattoo would cost? I want it about the size of two softball put together, and probably black and white. Not sure yet about the color…what do you think?

Anyway, I would really appreciate some advice. Thanks so much! =]

SteCleary
Participant
@stecleary

i had loads wrote out but drunkenness took over and deleted it all!

in short everything looks in place but not so set the artist can’t have their say in it. from your post i get what you are trying to say but there is a lot of explaining in it for someone that does not see the post( could be a good thing, depending how much you want to tell the story!).
its a nice piece but i think more top of the arm/chest rather than the back.
its really up to what you want from it, not what others think, so if you like what you have so far go for it and enjoy it rather than go with what others online that you have never and prob never will meet think of it!!!

do what you want and work with the person that will be stabbing you for a few hours and it should work out

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx

I don’t know where you’re located, but here in the US dangling sneakers are associated by some people with gang activity, particularly to memorialize a member that’s been killed. Nobody knows for sure what all the sneakers hanging on the traffic signal power lines mean, or if they mean anything at all…. but it is common for a lot of people to make the association.

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia
JENerationX;78416 wrote:
I don’t know where you’re located, but here in the US dangling sneakers are associated by some people with gang activity, particularly to memorialize a member that’s been killed. Nobody knows for sure what all the sneakers hanging on the traffic signal power lines mean, or if they mean anything at all…. but it is common for a lot of people to make the association.

Around here it means that there are drugs available.
And.. Why the hands holding the heart? How to you associate that, with not being judgemental? And why the cross? I just don’t see the connection, really. Or is it a religious tattoo?
The artist will def. need to touch it up, you just have a simple scetch.

I can’t tell you about price, that’ll depend on the artist etc.

newyearspumpkin
Participant
@newyearspumpkin
theresa92;78413 wrote:
I recently just turned 18. I want a tattoo that has personal meaning. I really like the saying “Don’t judge someone unless you have walked in their shoes”(That saying pretty much encompasses my values).

Anyway…I designed a tattoo that would represent this saying. Here it is http://oi51.tinypic.com/2h4dp9d.jpg
I’m going to have the tattoo artist touch it up, because some parts(like the shoes)look a little awkward.

But my question is…what do you think of this tattoo? What would be a good place to get it?(I was thinking my upper back near my shoulder blade. I want it in a place that I can cover up for a job)

BUT most importantly…how much do you think this tattoo would cost? I want it about the size of two softball put together, and probably black and white. Not sure yet about the color…what do you think?

Anyway, I would really appreciate some advice. Thanks so much! =]

I think you should find the best tattoo artist you can and take them your pic and tell them the meaning behind it. Then let them draw up something awesome and you’ll have a tattoo you never even dreamed of and whatever the price is just save up and pay it. You will be glad you did.

kryptonite
Participant
@kryptonite

im not sure about this one. judging people is human nature. its how we as humans protect ourself from those that could potentually couse us harm. we (by instinct) judge by facial expressions, attitude and yes, by our past. passing judgement is an instinct that should not be lost. im judging you right now.. your 18. how much of do you really know about that cross. are you a believer becouse thats what you have been tought. what if, like myself you grow to form your own opinions and “judgements” about that very cross you have tattooed yourself with? the shoes could mean that there is a “hustler” on the closest corner, but those apear to be baby shoes, thus meaning you might have a child.. good luck kiddo

bodyinktube
Participant
@bodyinktube

This would definately look awesome with a few touch-ups, maybe some shading or highlighting. Planning on getting some color? Personally I like no color but thats me being kiwi lol! Couldn’t tell you the cost sorry, I’m rather new to the tattoo world myself, I’m planning on getting my first tat in a few months.

Hope things work out for you
James

Happy Holidays! ๐Ÿ™‚

Ink Nation
Participant
@ink-nation

I love your tattoo design, except for the dangling shoes. I realise it is a big part of your saying, but IMHO if you lose the shoes, you have a great tattoo idea.

Make sure you do get it in a place where it can be hidden as you say because these things unfortunately can effect job opportunites in the future. But I know a number of girls who have got smallish tattoos that are easily hidden when need be and easily flaunted when they want too ๐Ÿ˜‰

Good luck.

Yellowbeard
Participant
@yellowbeard
JENerationX;78416 wrote:

FWIW…

When I was in the service, a pair of boots hanging from a power line meant that the person who threw them there was getting out and going back to ‘The World’ and no longer needed them.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.