JMac0123
Participant
@jmac0123

Hey there,

Im wanting to start my second sleeve when I get back home but im having a hard time trying to word what I want to say. Im trying to say no matter which side they fought on they still were men fighting for there country with loved ones waiting for them. Any idea on how to word this ?
Im going to have a mixed image of the german eagle and a wwII plane dropping bombs with ruins of buildings and a couple other things that have to do with my grandpa.
Any ideas on how to word this would be much appreciated. Oh the quote will be in German but your engish version will do 😀

Thanks a lot.

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

I think you will find that the German Eagle design is mostly associated with Nazi Germany. Probably not the best idea for a tattoo, unless you are in prison or consider yourself a White Supremisist. The people of Germany, were fighting in the war, not for country, not for patriotism, and not for good. They considered themselves superior to other races.
Bottom line is your idea is dumb.
Why not just get a portrait of your grandfather and forget about the war memorial.

Adler
Participant
@adler
xxTOPDOGxx;77788 wrote:
I think you will find that the German Eagle design is mostly associated with Nazi Germany. Probably not the best idea for a tattoo, unless you are in prison or consider yourself a White Supremisist. The people of Germany, were fighting in the war, not for country, not for patriotism, and not for good. They considered themselves superior to other races.
Bottom line is your idea is dumb.
Why not just get a portrait of your grandfather and forget about the war memorial.

I couldn’t disagree more. I have a tattoo of a German Eagle basically taken from designs from the German coat of arms from the late 1800’s and early 1900’s. Hitler and his Nazi party didn’t really begin until around 1933. My eagle tattoo has nothing to do with the Nazi party or white supremacy, it has to do with heritage and I used it because I liked the earlier designs more than the more modern German Eagle design. The swastika and German Cross represent white supremacy and Naziism, not the eagle coat of arms. Hitler and his party, not the German people as a whole, considered themselves superior. I’ve seen some beautifully done WWII pieces with planes and ships and I doubt they’re being worn exclusively by white supremacists. I would suggest using images rather than words to express your ideas, though.

JMac0123
Participant
@jmac0123

haha in no way does the german eagle have anything to do with nazism or white supremacy. Thats like saying a tattoo of a cheeseburger has to limit itself to you fat americans. In no way am I racist and having the german eagle incorporated into my war memorial for my grandpa is not going to signify that I am. Adler pretty much sums up that the eagle coat of arms was around long before the nazi’s used it.

Lets keep this thread on topic so it doesnt get closed please. So far im gathering to leave the wording out and just use imagery ?

Jlin
Participant
@jlin

If you are still considering wording, I have always liked the quote of Churchill:
“Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few.”

AEnimaDrummer98
Participant
@aenimadrummer98

Get the German Panzer Skull with GOTT MIT UNS above it in the german font.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

interesting and quite unique don’t see many people with it thats for sure! go for it!

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

Go for the eagle, and you will only get raped by the nazis when you’re doing time. 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.