niro4
Participant
@niro4

I wanna get the design below on my forearm, but I’m unsure as which part of my forearm it would look best. I was thinkin on outer forearm nearer the wrist or towards elbow, but my friend said on the inner forearm.

What would you guys suggest is best place on forearm to have this tat?

awck1y.jpg

Morwin Nerdbane
Participant
@morwin-nerdbane

It’s up to you man. Things to consider are:
1) You have a job that might get pissy about it? Inner is easier to conceal than outer.
2)You have a career in mind or any job aspirations? Don’t let ink sabotage your dreams for the future. Again inner is easier to conceal.
3)Do you have any other plans for inner or outer forearm work? I find myself regretting smaller pieces on bigger canvases just because I now imagine something much bigger there which just won’t look right with what I’ve already got or won’t fit because of it.
4)Do you want to be able to see it all the time? Unless you’re dead bendy forearm might be a bit difficult to see youself lol

Sorry I didn’t give you a ‘this or that’ answer but hope those things to think about help you decide ๐Ÿ™‚

niro4
Participant
@niro4
Morwin Nerdbane;74491 wrote:
It’s up to you man. Things to consider are:
1) You have a job that might get pissy about it? Inner is easier to conceal than outer.
2)You have a career in mind or any job aspirations? Don’t let ink sabotage your dreams for the future. Again inner is easier to conceal.
3)Do you have any other plans for inner or outer forearm work? I find myself regretting smaller pieces on bigger canvases just because I now imagine something much bigger there which just won’t look right with what I’ve already got or won’t fit because of it.
4)Do you want to be able to see it all the time? Unless you’re dead bendy forearm might be a bit difficult to see youself lol

Sorry I didn’t give you a ‘this or that’ answer but hope those things to think about help you decide ๐Ÿ™‚

good points =)

1+2) Over here in UK they dont really care as much as tats as in USA i think, but I prefer wearing long shirts so thats not a problem.
3) As for other work, i dont think so. Im leaving my back blank for that very reason.
4) And I dont mind not seeing tat all the time.

Morwin Nerdbane
Participant
@morwin-nerdbane

Hey, I’m a UKer too ๐Ÿ™‚ Where you going to get it done?

I just suggest that cos I’m studying to be a teacher and I know big pieces on arms etc will fuck up my chances at a job good and proper. I’ve surrendered to the idea of wearing long sleeves so I can do what I want with my body. I’m getting my first arm piece on Monday :s meep big step lol.

Seems like you’ve thought it out pretty thoroughly though so do what feels right. Personally I’m digging outer forarms right now.

niro4
Participant
@niro4

ah kool I live in harrow (london) so prob go to Grasshopper (http://www.thegrasshopper.co.uk)

Yea im wanting to do outer forearms but i’ve always had this symmetrical thing i’ve been thinkin bout for outer forearms so i’ll do that at later point…im thinkin of putting this wolf piece just above side of my elbow now. This would hav looked pretty badass on lower neck but meh dunno.

I would hav thought having visible tats would make students think ur kickass and dont piss you about. What tat you having done btw?

Morwin Nerdbane
Participant
@morwin-nerdbane

You’d have thought so wouldn’t you but apparently other teachers get a bit pissy about them appearing unproffesional lol.
Getting a quote “the deeper that sorrow carves into your being the more joy you can contain. Is not the cup that holds your wine the very cup that was burned in the potters oven.”

Just above your elbow sounds cool.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.